Captain America: Civil War

Darth Krawlie

• 2 months later...

I've liked most Marvel movies but have never really loved one and I've never been excited for one. This one I'm actually fairly excited for.

Agreed. There are actually expectations here. The first two Captain America outings were much better than expected (at least better than I expected), but weren't great movies. This is their first outing where I'm actually a bit nervous about the execution rather than going in just hoping to be entertained for a few hours as I shovel popcorn down my gullet.

There were some stills I saw somewhere that made it look like he was wearing a belt and the webshooters were outside the suit, so yeah I'm guessing mechanical too.

Outside the suit? That will be the first time its so visible since the '77-'79 TV series.

Why do I have a feeling that Spider-Man clip will be followed by Cap instantly tearing the webs, and calling his shield back to his hand (as seen in AoU) in the span of 7 seconds?

I've liked most Marvel movies but have never really loved one and I've never been excited for one. This one I'm actually fairly excited for.

Agreed. There are actually expectations here. The first two Captain America outings were much better than expected (at least better than I expected), but weren't great movies.

*Removes manhole cover,. Drops Pong down to the sewer. Walks away.*

Apparently that's not unheard of.

In a cartoon or comic book, sure. But it's a bit weird in a live-action film. There is a little sound-effect that goes along with it, so maybe it's another one of Stark's upgrades. Though it's not exactly a utilitarian improvement. But at least it would make sense if it's mechanical.

BTW, I do like that it feels a bit retro, particularly the color scheme.

I've been wanting Batman to have white lens eyes forever. Deadpool did it pretty well. The mask had white eyes and they gave them expressions in post.

Roll over to io9, they have a high res version of the shot- They actually gave his eyes telescoping shades so it's actually got a mechanical justification.

I feel like this is the Avengers movie we really deserve after the cluster that Ultron was.

I think Age of Ultron is starting to get unfairly maligned. Thought it was better than the first one.

Anyway, one of the problems with Age of Ultron was that it had to spend so much time setting up Phase 3. In effect, Civil War, plus Thor 3, plus a bit of Black Panther. The ugliest part of the film was the gaping hole left by Thor's subplot that went nowhere due to being cut for time.

So, the MCU has gone backwards. Where Phase One spent entire movies setting up The Avengers for a big blowout (the first Captain America being the most ridiculously obvious), Age of Ultron went in the opposite direction and was used to set up the rest of the MCU individual movies.

Anyway, all that said, this does look like it might well be the biggest Marvel movie yet and will be a true blowout.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.