Vanity Fair photos and news coming this week

Mara Jade Skywalker

Interesting that despite all the talks of going old school, there will be a cg character. Not that it will ruin anything, the tech has come a long way since JarJar, just interesting.

Also-- now I wonder why Ren has a mask if he's not disguising his identity or a deformation... Unless it's just a face protecty during fighting thing...

Well he seems obsessed with Vader, maybe just an homage to him.

Or that is a flashback/early in the movie, and Ren gets injured requiring a mask later on.

As much as I don't like the idea of a flashback in Star Wars (seems out of place) there are rumors that there is a big one. But I thought maybe that's when we'll see Driver as an X-Wing pilot since we've seen that image as well.

Yes, I'm thinking that's when we see him as an X-Wing pilot. I agree in principle about not liking a flashback but I think overall its a positive. I remember reading a quote from Kasdan where he said in an epic story you want to try to enter the story as late as possible. I think the flashback serves this. Instead of getting 2 hours showing how Ren fell to the darkside, we get a 10 minute flashback and we enter the story later where the action and stakes are higher.

Interesting that despite all the talks of going old school, there will be a cg character. Not that it will ruin anything, the tech has come a long way since JarJar, just interesting.

Also-- now I wonder why Ren has a mask if he's not disguising his identity or a deformation... Unless it's just a face protecty during fighting thing...

Well he seems obsessed with Vader, maybe just an homage to him.

Or that is a flashback/early in the movie, and Ren gets injured requiring a mask later on.

As much as I don't like the idea of a flashback in Star Wars (seems out of place) there are rumors that there is a big one. But I thought maybe that's when we'll see Driver as an X-Wing pilot since we've seen that image as well.

I figured this was just a production photo they were using to show him off since we've seen the full costume. The photo of Christie's character in full gear makes me rethink this a little, but they hadn't really shown much of an emphasis on her awesome costume yet. I guess we'll see eventually. :shrug:

Maybe he said that he absolutely will never join the Empire and Luke was all like only Sith deal in absolutes so he was all like guess I'm a Sith now, bitches. Where my goth robes be at?

Adam Driver looks like he was inserted into that pic. It doesn't look right.

Yeah I think it's cause they photoshopped the storm troopers behind him to a lighter tonal value. The black on their uniforms should be the same value as Ren's coat, (but the blacks look light blue). They've tried to make more depth by making the troopers lighter with atmospheric perspective but they have gone a little overboard. Unless we're supposed to believe they're walking through a blizzard and there are lots of snow particles between Ren and the troopers... But as it stands I think they just wanted the focus to be on Ren and cocked up the photo editing.

I can kind of agree with you. It feels a little battle star galactica or something.. I dunno... I don't think it's the coolest thing ever but I don't think chrome trooper sucks either. It's just kind of unnecessary.. Almost a gimmick.. But not in a horrific way

Am I the only one that isn't into this Chrome Trooper? Not a gender thing. Just feels like 90s Comic Book Foil Cover "Awesomeness".

I'm reserving judgment, but I'm not super excited. $20 says she dies in this film, maybe the next. She has the stink of Darth Maul/Boba Fett.

Am I the only one that isn't into this Chrome Trooper? Not a gender thing. Just feels like 90s Comic Book Foil Cover "Awesomeness".

See for me it is a gender thing. Call me sexist or whatever, but female villains are sorely lacking in the Star Wars films, and I'm super excited to have one that might last longer than 10 minutes (I'm looking at you, Zam Wesell) or 2 seconds (Aurra Sing).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.