Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

17 replies to this topic

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,245 posts

Got mine on pre-order from PS store when they were going for £40.00  Looking forward to the 50Gig download!!! 

But seriously.. I cant wait to play this game. All evidence and reports seem to suggest its the new Skyrim.. only waay better. Very hyped. Only 19 days to wait. 

• Williamwap +1 this

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,806 posts

i had this pre-ordered about 3 months ago. then, i picked up FF: Realm Reborn. since then, abandoned Witcher pre-order and put it on Heavensward expansion. i'm sure i'll visit witcher 3 eventually. game looks amazing.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Witcher is weird for me because I am always interested and intend to play, then I never do. lol

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,245 posts
Well I shall post my praise/ criticism as soon as I can

CoLA

CoLA

Zero Calories

• Members
  • 641 posts

Looks awesome but I'm way behind on games. I just finally got around to playing the last Tomb Raider!

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

There can be only one

• 2,099 posts
I started, but never finished, the first Witcher.

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,245 posts

yeah the first two were  both flawed for different reasons, but I think they're going to get the balance right on this one. Although I thought that about Dragon Age Inquisition and the more I think about that game the bigger let down I think it was. Witcher 3 looks to have very engaging, fluid combat which is a big thing. I hated the combat in DA:I. 

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,245 posts

Gamespot gives it 10/10 

and IGN 9.3/10 

Im psyched. Come on 19th

• The Human Torch and Ryn +1 this

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts

Got £20 PS voucher for my birthday. 

This is probably what it will be spent on.  :yes:

• Odine +1 this

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,245 posts

happy birthday

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Man, these always look so much like stuff I'm into. It is inexplicable I've never played these games.

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,245 posts
Well I took the day off today and played from 6.30 am to bout 10.30 pm. Less an hour for snack breaks and my afternoon run.. And so farI have progressed to lvl 7. Apparently level cap (if you an call it that) is 50 for Wild Hunt. So far I'm loving this game. But early days yet.. Seems to be living up to the hype so far. Combat is very satisfying, story has me hooked, characters acted and portrayed very well. Some of the "romance" is a bit corny.. But romance kind of is corny in many ways. The devs have a good sense of humour. Though the world they have created for this game is grim. Dark as hell. Makes DA:I seem like Disneyland. Thematically even darker than bloodborne... Though less so in the aesthetic. But even here in Witcher 3 that's pretty grim too. More later.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
The Former Mrs. Driver's new husband is taking the entire day off work tomorrow to stay in and play it. I may stop by to witness the game in action and see if my dislike for fantasy will lose to my love of good games with horror content.

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,245 posts
I think you will love it... The exploration is very much in the vein of Red Ded Redemption but much much larger and expansive. Quests operate in a similar fashion too. There is no loading between world exploration and room interiors either. It's sick.

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,245 posts
Can't be bothered writing more praise or a review of this game. I'm just too busy playing it. It's amazing.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
6 hours in, not even past the prologue.

So very good!
  • Pong Messiah and Odine +1 this

Gamevet

Gamevet

• 4,377 posts

I've played this game off and on for the past couple of weeks on my PC. It's an okay game, but I wouldn't consider it a game of the year, as some have suggested.

Williamwap

Williamwap

• New Members
  • 15 posts
yeah planning to, held of buying it atm though still have resident evil hd, resident evil revelations 2 and the evil within to even start,

Reply to this topic