Why Doesn't Nightly Care About Baltimore?

Pong Messiah

Not to mention peoples differing definitions of "good" and "doing the right thing" are what get us here in the first place. Like some peoples (Po-lice) idea that doing the right thing when chasing and apprehending a suspect is to shoot them. Dead. Boom. Take that scumbag. Showed you who's boss. But I guess if you steal and run from cops you done bad and should be shot right!?

One dead thug means less ruffians on the street to disturb my tea. And thats GOOD.

see? Some "good" just makes you an asshat.

Don't be ridiculous. Your example is asinine and would only be considered as valid by a psychopath.

Being a good person in part acknowledges the position you hold.

I want to be good. Being good can be saving lives. I am not a doctor. If I walk into an ER and perform surgery I have committed a crime and betrayed the good, moral, intention to render aid to those in need.

Police have regulations for conduct in order to ensure the safety and integrity of themselves, those they serve and the cases they work.

These police officers should have woke up each day and chose to not take the law into their own hands or use their positions to further their own agenda. They hold a position defined by legislation, they must adhere to these rules regardless of personal views on the philosophical construct of Justice. Anything less is a corruption of their position.

Good lord torch find a rally or a cause if you want to preach. That kind of talk died out years ago with no results. You seem like a child when you say shit like that. Grow up.

It's pretty easy to follow.

Tex thinks that Torch is a naive, childish preacher. And I agree. Hair color really isn't that important, and any adult can see beyond the hair color to the performance.

In joke. Almost to the level of the THT Edit (which is a throw back to both my runs as moderator and my dyslexia/ocd born need to correct my posts). The hair joke references how I make it a point to rant about Superman's Curl not being right or Captain America not being Nordic Blonde.

:-)

In Oklahoma, we've had two or three deaths at the hands of cops in the last year or so. If we were going to riot or get mad, it would have happened. We are way too complacent.

Personally, I'm fatigued on the whole thing, but I'm also completely unaffected. I am a clean cut white guy....no urban cop is going to harass me. The podunk hillbilly hellhole type might, but I have the sense not to cause problems (speeding, etc.) in hillbilly hellholes.

However, it is frightening that there seems to basically be a quiet war going on between cops and....black people? It doesn't feel that simple, but maybe it is.

I believe it feels ^that way because it can be that way in places. In this case however the six charged officers are made up of, by visual assumption, three white officers and three black officers. Unless we're to attribute self loathing or an ironically racist lack of cultural identifications via skin color as a cause to support racially motivated action, then this would appear to be of the police brutality and superiority complex type of case.

New News:

The defense wants the DA off the case, applying political motivations to her gusto to prosecute.

My reaction, what else is new?! Also someone can both use an event as a political maneuver and still care about it proceeding correctly, legally speaking.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I want to care. I really do. But this sums up pretty much how I feel about everything political, these days....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.