Why Doesn't Nightly Care About Baltimore?

Pong Messiah

At least Malice has some solid ideas for change-I applaud that.

I don't know how I feel about body cams yet-I go back and forth. I'd like to see some stats on the effectiveness.

I don't thing that list is a bad start. I'd add some reforms in DHS with MUCH better monitoring of problem households, quicker temporary removal of minor from households in which domestic violence has occurred, more stringent guidelines on parents in crisis getting back custody of their kids and much more help for the kids themselves in education, health and things they need to stay in school. This is more of a long-term thing, though-addressing part of the root of poverty so future generations can thrive.

I would also like to add this.

Do any of you have a solution to these issues?

Mine would be....

1.Education

2.Mandatory police body cameras

3.Increased police presence in troubled areas when needed.

4. More recreational areas for young people to go and stay out of trouble.

5. Track down and lock up all outside people who are causing problems.

6.Increase in job and apprenticeship programs.

1. Education...for police candidates.

2. Body cameras are a Band-Aid, as it is another way of trying to prevent/scare officers from giving in to their instincts. If police behavior is to be modified, more education (where the history of the cultures they serve is concerned) should be a requirement before they get the badge. Body cameras is just the quickie, "look, we're doing something" response...forgetting a camera can be disabled, "damaged" in the line of duty, etc., while anyone wanting to abuse will continue to do so.

Number 2 can be easily addressed. The law must simply say that the absence, 'damage' or 'malfunction' of a body camera during a dispute will be automatically considered an admission of wrongdoing on the part of the officer in question. You turn off your camera, you are considered guilty. Case closed.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Three pages deep, and I still want to know:

Why doesn't Pong care about Nepal?

fcHfLXQr.jpg

The real question with both Nepal and Baltimore is what are the Illuminati distracting us from this time? Another Death Star-like ship drawing power from the Sun? Fleet Movements between Mars and the Moon? Destruction of historical evidence that Man blew up themselves eons ago and we're the Morlocks?

speak for yourself bud

i could be bought with a case of beer and some nachos right now

Nachos with real cheese or the weird plastic "cheese" sauce?

Do they even allow fake food in Portland?

I'm sure there's a black market for it, but nobody would ever admit to it.

There really isn't a solution to this. It's only gonna get worse. Pretty soon we'll see thugs clearly in the wrong being put down by the police and somehow martyred for it. Regardless of how much damage the ensuing riots cause people will still rush to apologize and/or justify their actions, which will only encourage that kind of behavior to be repeated again, again, and again.

There is a solution. The solution is so simple it seems too complex for most; Choose to be good. Every day. You get up and you make the choice TO DO, TO BE better. Not necessarily, TODAY I SHALL BE MOTHER TERESA! Of course the world would be better if you did choose that and stuck to it, but no the choice can be today I will do with no strings attached. Today I will ask for the help I need. Today I will give help when asked. Today I will seek to help. Today I will listen.

Personal Accountability.

If the word Today lost meaning, that was my job for today. Mission Accomplished. What have you done today?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.