2015 NFL Season

Darth Lohr

I think they would be silly to get rid of him.

He's showing what kind of skills an athlete from another sport can bring. He's unpredictable because he won't act the in the same way that every other player would when running at you. He's not a pigeon-holed RB who has been taught to run into contact for years. He'll give you a mean fend-off, switch the ball to his other arm and then do you for pace.

Always been a great player, hope they keep him on!

Dear lord what is going on with the Redskins? The RG3 mess is bad enough, but now they have this mess with the GM's wife accusing an ESPN reporter or giving sexual favors for stories. It's just bizarre.

You've got to figure that it all comes down to how poorly Snyder has run this team over the years. As much as I've disagreed with Jerry Jones about how he runs my team, I've always taken some solace knowing that he'll never be as bad as Daniel Snyder.

It can always be worse.

In other news, Brady is not serving his suspension. That's a win for due process. I think everyone can pretty much agree that he "cheated" but pretty much everyone but Roger Gooddell has been on the same page from the get-go on this.

The NFL has gotten whooped in federal court 3 different times in the last like 18 months.

From a sheer promotion point of view I love the fact that Brady is back. Boston is going to be on fire next week. Can't wait.

It's very much like the standard wrestling angle where a guy gets suspended and then comes back to a thunderous ovation. What a way to kick off the season.

This is more like Brady is the good guy and Goodell the evil promoter. Brady wins the belt, then the next night on RAW Goodell comes out and tries to strip him based on some silly rule that no one follows, like "I'm stripping you because you hit with a closed fist".

The whole thing was silly. Did Brady do something wrong? Almost certainly yes, but the penalty was always too big. Four games was ridiculous. They tried to compare it to steroids, which is not a good comp. A better comp would have been comparing it to a player with stickem on his gloves, which is like a 10K fine.

The NFL then says part of the penalty is due to lack of cooperation, because people should help incriminate themselves I guess. That's like saying "holding is a 10 yard penalty but since you didn't call it on yourself, now its a 50 yarder!"

You've heard ramblings from a few owners. Whose to say all of this wasn't at the urging from other owners tired of the Patriots committing all of these infractions. The league felt the need to go after a really big fish and it backfired. Not because they were wrong, but because they were overzealous in their attempt to get Brady.

As much egg as Goodell and the NFL have on their face over this interest in their product is at an all time high. The first game of the year is always huge for a football starved audience, but this year? Opening with the Pats at home? With Brady NOT suspended??

People think Brady's the winner here, but I say it's the NFL. The ratings for this game are going to be huge.

The NFL then says part of the penalty is due to lack of cooperation, because people should help incriminate themselves I guess. That's like saying "holding is a 10 yard penalty but since you didn't call it on yourself, now its a 50 yarder!"

No its like when the judge in a trial instructs the jury "The defendant destroyed his phone after discovering he was under investigation. You're allowed to assume something on his phone was damaging to his case." That happens in trials because the self incrimation projection only extends to not having to testify and not having to report evidence that is damaging to you. You are NOT allowed to destroy evidence that is damaging to you.

As much as Pats honks hate to admit it, half of Brady's suspension was failure to cooperate. That's why the one to one comparisons to other suspensions never held water.

But he beat the system so its whatever at this point.

Goodell is totally the right man for the job. If he hadn't gone after Brady the story would've been that he was soft on the golden boy. Hell he would probably have been called a racist, much like Chip Jelly, after how hard he was on Peterson, Rice, Hardy, etc. He can take it because he's the boss. No one is going to stop watching the NFL because they hate Roger Goodell. If anything, his antics only make people watch more.

The beauty of the whole thing is that the Brady thing, whether he plays or not, is irrelevant. The message is clear. If you cheat the NFL is going to pounce on you. It doesn't matter if you're a third string LB who's a week away from selling insurance or the poster boy of the league.

In short this "silly" exercise has a long term goal. The message is clear. Respect the game, respect the league, and respect yourself. If you don't like it go get a regular job and watch football on TV like the rest of us.

I think they would be silly to get rid of him.

He's showing what kind of skills an athlete from another sport can bring. He's unpredictable because he won't act the in the same way that every other player would when running at you. He's not a pigeon-holed RB who has been taught to run into contact for years. He'll give you a mean fend-off, switch the ball to his other arm and then do you for pace.

Always been a great player, hope they keep him on!

I only saw the highlights (like I'm going to watch a 49ers preseason game), but it WAS really neat seeing him play the game in such an unconventional way. His center of gravity is high, he uses his hands, and the guy is SHIFTY. It seems like he carries the ball rather loose, but that's fixable. The less sexy part of being a running back is pass protection, otherwise the defense will know what's up when he's in the game.

I'm excited he made the roster, looking forward to what he'll do this season.

Why do people think the owners are going to want Goodell out? He delivered 24/7 NFL coverage - and there really is no such thing as bad press - for the league and is a lightning rod for all the hate.

He's basically the perfect guy for the owners.

Because people think they should. They're simply projecting their own opinions and fantasizing the the owners are as outraged as they are. In reality I don't think the owners are mad at Roger at all. The owners are all about money, and right now business is good. They all know that the Brady thing is small potatoes in comparison to issues that could threaten the league long term (like concussions) and as long as business is good they're happy. Hell most of them probably don't care if their team wins, they just want to make an obnoxious profit.

A lot has been said about Tebow but the boring truth is that he just isn't a good player. You can do the mobile big QB thing in college but it doesn't work in the NFL.

Manziel will die a slow death only because of the money that was given to him. Same thing with RG3. Both guys would be out of the league if their teams hadnt invested so much in them. It'll be interesting to see which one will remembered as the bigger bust.

At the core of my being I think I just don't like Manziel because he's a Kerrville football player. As a former student of Boerne we are just learned early on to hate Kerrville. But it helps he is an arrogant ass too. Tebow on the other hand has experience and actually has won games. I know he's been taking "lessons" but with QB injuries I guess there are other third string QBs that maybe snap a ball better in Philly?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.