2015 NFL Season

Darth Lohr

Maybe anyone up in arms over a change in kickers doesn't understand football like they think they do :shrug:

Massive injury problems aside, 11-5 at absolute worst, 16-0 at best for the Colts.

@BUF - W

NYJ - W

@TEN - W

JAX - W

@ HOU - W

(Look at the quarterbacks we get to face in the first 5 games! Look at 'em!!! Tyrod Taylor, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Marcus Mariota, Ryan Mallet or Brian Hoyer? Please)

NE - L

NO - W

@CAR - W

DEN - L

@ATL - W

TB - W

@PIT - L

(Okay here's karmic payback for that earlier stretch: Brady, Brees, Newton, Manning, Ryan, Roethlisberger in a 7 game stretch)

@JAX - W

HOU - W

@MIA - W

TEN - W

Pretty sure we'll lose to New England and Pittsburgh. I feel like New Orleans, Denver, Atlanta and maybe Miami are toss-up games. This could change depending on what I see from the defense, but we haven't been able to rush the passer and who knows what Mathis will look like after a year off. Indy's problems over the last 2-3 years have been against good offenses led by good quarterbacks. When the blitzes aren't landing we get lit up for 40 on the regular.

Indy's opponents have averaged 37+ppg in their losses over the last 2 seasons. This defense hasn't been any good.

I'm not worried about any of those QBs, especially Ben Rapersberger, Ryan, and Newton. But not worried about Manning or Brees either. Brady playing or is Garopallo? Garopallo is gonna Drew Bledsoe the crap outta Brady lol!

QBs don't worry me. The Colts worst enemy is it's own defense. I worry most about our run defense. But we'll see.

I agree with Lucas for the most part though I predict 13-3 and home field advantage. Also I'm pleased we have another Colts fan here in JG.

Also I think Cole is a good pass rusher. That should help.

PS. I think the 49ers will be lucky to win a single game. Jesus their team has been gutted.

Yeah I will be somewhat disappointed if the Colts are playing on Wild Card weekend. It'll of course come down to those games with New England and Denver. Go 0-2 in those games and it'll be pretty tough to get a BYE. Brady isn't going to miss any games I don't think, so I don't expect them to be impacted. I don't buy the demise of Manning (shocking to all of you, I'm sure). Through 14 games last year he was playing like the best QB in the NFL (I'll accept arguments for Rodgers too, of course). He didn't get old between games 14 and 15. Now that I think about it, Pittsburgh will probably be in the mix for a BYE as well.

It just all comes down to the defense. If they're (much) improved they should be one of the favorites, if not, then I don't see any difference between this year and the last two. The unfortunate part of playing those shit QBs/teams in the first 5 weeks of the season is that we won't really have any idea if the defense is actually improved or not.

I wouldn't chalk up week one as a win for the Colts. That Buffalo defense is nasty and although I'm not a huge fan of Rex as a long term head coach he can design a defense when it has talent, and this defense has high end talent. Plus with his bravado in the short term it energizes a team. The Bills at home in their first game under Rex will be absolutely flying all over the field. Luck is hit often in general and this game could see him hot much more than usual.

The Colts are a better team than the Bills and in the long term they should win that division in a walk. But I think this is a bad spot to be playing Buffalo.

Their starting quarterback is Tyrod Taylor. You could tell me that the Colts are only going to score 13 points and my level of concern would only be about 20%.

Buffalo's pass D trails only Seattle the past two seasons. They've still won what, 8 games for their trouble?

The Colts just don't lose to shitty quarterbacks/teams

They won 9 last year. Went 5-3 at home. They had a +54 point differential. And they didn't go unbeaten in the worst division in football either. Take away division record and both teams last year were 5-5.

They are a pretty good team and in a home opener with a new head coach will not be easy to beat.

After the draft and FA I thought they'd have a real solid team but its gone to hell since then. Beatty getting hurt slides most of the line into different spots than they should be in. Same thing with JPP's BS. Cruz has had a hard time getting on the field. They actually had 7 defensive backs miss their 2nd preseason game, so that's a mess. They have enough talent at skill positions that they should score points and if the O-Line and defense can be even mediocre the skill positions could carry them to 10 or so wins. I just don't know if that will happen though.

He's got a lot of fans over here. Peter King did a feature on him in his MMQB a couple weeks ago. I haven't read it yet, but I see stuff on twitter all the time about him. It would be neat if he makes the roster andhas an impact.

he is from my rugby league team back in oz, just a straight out talented athlete

fingers crossed that he makes the roster, definitely keen to get his jersey!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.