2015 NFL Season

Darth Lohr

The collective denial exuding from Patriots fans is one of the funniest football related things I've seen in a long time. The best part is that it's not going away anytime soon. Even if they win the SB again they'll still be crying about this shit.

Take the asshead who's trying to raise a million to pay the fine. He's not even gonna come close and even if he did Kraft wouldn't take it, which means his only recourse will be to use that money for a massive circle jerk. He should just invite all the butthurt pats fans to gillette stadium so they can whack it to Brady's picture. Assuming they can pull their heads out of their asses, that is. Then again that might not be an issue for them.

I really thought he'd get more than four games. I was thinking 6-8 would have been about fair.

Cheating is cheating, whether you have a hand in doing it yourself or aware that it is going on without stopping it (as it is 'more probable than not' that Brady did). It's all just a crappy piece of publicity for the sport and needs to be put to bed soon. If somehow it turns out that Brady is totally innocent then he has been advised to do things completely wrong in this instance. Don't reply to a question 'Are you a cheater?' with 'I don't believe so, no'; don't refuse to give over your phone to somebody investigating it and don't lawyer up after doing all of this. You go out there guns blazing and shoot down the allegations.

The league have the facts that the ball was deflated, they have cryptic texts from a guy who is suspect number one for being 'The Deflator' to you; at this point the onus is on you to show them you are clean.

For anyone that read the Wells Report, understands the science displayed and has also read the NFL rule book and understood that mess then today's Patriots Rebuttal on WellsReportContext.com is barely anything new. Wells assumptions over his own report's conclusions are contradictory and the punishment based on those assumptions is fubared.

But the thing that is pure absurd awesome and will never die even if punishments get lifted is the newly provided hilarity due to McNally's deflator nickname (McNally says it's two fold, in part for his job and in part for his weight issues), which was first used as reported in May 2014 and then mentioned once more midway during the 2014-15 season. That is of course as hilarious as it sounds. However it isn't the defense the rebuttal uses for anything, contrary to very funny inrwebs about it. Merely a side note. As dumb as it sounds. LMAO

With that said, my original passion is still right on;

This is a shit storm of clusterfucking. No one looks good. Brady sounds like the cursing bitcher people peg him as. The Patriots two ball "boys" sound like they always did, total dipshits. The Patriots look clueless during the event. The NFL look like bumbling buffoons. The Colts complained before hand then unecessarily damaged themselves by checking psi in game, against the rules, just to be certain to have something to yell about. And of course one thing both the Wells Report and Rebuttal show; no evidence of tampering or any indicators of Brady doing anything improper.

Yeah that's probably the biggest insult to intelligence out of this whole thing. no human being on earth is walking around using that nickname to denote weight loss.

I was in New York this weekend and their fans brought up the point that only Patriots fans believe their players BS. and it's true. I love Robert Mathis. he's still one my favorite players. but his ass cheated and I can admit that without invoking absurd conspiracy theories. I can magically be both a colts fan AND reject his unfettered horseshit excuses because I live in this thing I like to call reality.

The thing about that name it is also born from his job; he had to sit, scuff and deflate all new footballs to range. The weight loss aspect was clearly explained as a two fold/sucker punch joke by the two men and then it stuck. The two employees started using it in May 2014. It's dumb, but they are dip****s, also it realistically isn't far from Terminatoring every job title as many do.

The Patriots included it in the annotation of the Wells Report because it was said by the men during the Wells interrogation of them and then not included (which the Patriots know as their lawyers were present). To believe the Patriots don't know it sounds stupid is asinine, however not including it in their annotations could display a cherry picking bias which goes counter to the whole purpose of making the annotations. So you include it and take the due ridicule.

Anyway...

The NFLPA's letter to Goodell in no uncertain terms categorizes this punishment and methods used as breaking the CBA. It is as nuclear a statement as the punishment handed down. In addition they also state (in agreement with the Wells Report, prior to Wells own speculation) that no evidence of tampering/wrong doing was found. They also state, as I noted I believed was true but couldn't be certain, no player in the history of the NFL has ever received a punishment even remotely approaching this for an on field/equipment violation (which they categorized this under).

So basically; **** people for only reading headlines, browsing articles and digesting opinion pieces.

You, others here and elsewhere keep acting as if the Patriots made up that weight correlation as a defense. When in fact it is explicitly used that way in the text strings between the two employees. The employees further explained the two fold joke to interrogators and had that explanation disregarded, despite the text clearly showing it and then the interrogators reapplied their supposition that the nickname could only have implications of wrong doing. This sequence is one of several whereby the investigators take one piece of a whole as fact because it supports their conclusion and then disregard the same whole as true because together it undermines their conclusion.

Insistences that no one could ever joke that way flies in the face of the fact the texts are real and are used by the investigation to propose wrong doing. In addition it flies in the face of the very way "bros" rib each other. eg. SD is a writer, producer, director etc. SD, as he himself has noted, has or had a weight issue. SD, as he himself as noted, has or had frequented Golden Corral. If SD had attended this buffet with friends/co-workers and they knew he was attempting to lose weight and yet here he was gorging on all you can eat bbq then that friend/co-worker could say; "You'd have more luck if you DIRECTED yourself away from buffet."

The texts in question use deflating in such a way, seemingly describing not being large enough or too large to fit a jacket, then in also more "hilarious" ribbing one employee tells the other to yeah yeah come help the Deflator do his job. In addition these "bros" rejoice in Brady's early season performance decline and again play with their duty's description by saying the only thing deflating is Brady's quarterback rating. All of the instances of this term are said in such a way and none appear anywhere near the playoffs, nor (perhaps needless to say) in any communication with Tom Brady.

These men while defending themselves from tampering do so by candidly implicating themselves in what could be seen as plots to steal team equipment, sell season tickets (owned by one of the employee's sick sister) for profit and also go into graphic detail about how they are bagging their significant others while implying they need to hunt for new ass to tap.

You couldn't write this ****, it is the definition of truth is stranger than fiction.

No problem. Here's a post by some crazy-ocd suffering fan who time-synced the Deflate/Jacket text. He or she might be from Gallifrey however because Wells investigated for over 100 days, while this crazy cat had the time stamp info for about a week. Just doesn't add up, fans be crazy. Brian Williams is not saying it's aliens, but...

http://www.patspulpit.com/2015/5/14/8609329/what-is-this-deflate-that-you-speak-of

Like Roger Goodell that site is obviously totally unbiased. ;-)

These two employees are special like a pair of twin-speakers with aspergers.

More Ripley's Believe it or Not; deflate, deflating, deflated and the reverse all used as weight control/building terms. Apparently in severe or quick cases of change. From breasts, to pecs, to arms, to butts, to faces the terms are used by females and males. Plastic surgeons seem to also use the terms in these conditions. Google doesn't lie right?

How am I doing?

As the World turns the sun can rise even upon Harry and Lloyd. While these two intrepid texters implicated themselves in no less than a plot to re-assassinate JFK, even the NFL is starting to wonder about the shooters at the grassy molehill. Like an old man's wang news trickles and spurts with no real sign of satisfactory conclusion, shaking that as they may it's still just them holding their own withered olive branch. And so it is this morning's leak that Mistah J and Fat Bird are looking less competent in grand or minor schemes than even their own texts can imply, being as that they were now seemingly only suspended by request of the NFL which the Patriots complied with while also noting objections to. Like a record, baby, round round round...

Kraft just took the bullet. He has decided it is in the best interest of the League that he not take this to a higher process (courts). Anyone with objectivity looking at everything available, not rhetoric, must acknowledge that's a big bullet. The NFL was in danger here, as I have said passionately from the start. The NFLPA still has a loaded gun however.

Oh please. They got their "back channel" deal done and you can guarantee Brady's suspension will be reduced to 2 games.

This is hardly altruistic, it's a give and take, just like everything else.

Kraft will need something later whether it's support or a rule change, new stadium or some other measure. This is purely a bargaining chip. 2 games of Brady is worth more to them than a draft pick. It's an easy tradeoff.

Okay look. Opinions are opinions are opinions. Whatever you believe you can believe and that is wonderful. I've been fine being a New Raiders fan since it became both a perception and a tangible reality over a decade ago. Despite that being true if you can read the NFL rules, the Wells Report, the Context Rebuttal and the NFLPA's stance and still think a suspension of Brady is the correct action... well, anyone who wants things done right know that at no time was this event handled correctly by all NFL parties.

Also if the NFL doesn't or does move forward by re-evaluating their procedures and rules then we'll all have our answer to just how important this actually was.

eg. There are a bunch of issues facing the League that it has to address, anyone interested can deduce this with even a cursory observation. The least important is the PSI of a ball. And that least important thing is fixed and secured from all integrity issues with one simple change; the refs and other NFL personnel should be in complete and total control of the game balls after the teams given them over for review. No game day team ball boys. Period.

If you have a hole in your fence and you profess don't like what's in your yard because of it and you don't fix that hole then you are at best incompetent and at worst complicit.

I'm don't know if a deal was made or not but the third game is against the Jags. The Pats could win that game with me playing QB. The 4th game is at Dallas. They could lose that game WITH Brady. The first two games are actually more costly because I think with Brady the Pats win them and without him they lose those games. So one could argue that, given these realities, maybe a 1st rounder is more valuable than those 2 particular games.

Holy shit, Choc. Seriously?! What I believe doesn't matter. And I don't believe anything but God and my family. I don't give a flying fuck about Tom Brady, the Patriots or any other ****ing thing from the perspective of belief.

I want truth. I want rules followed. I want accountability. At no time have I ever in my life taken a different approach. If an infraction exists it should be punished. If Brady was complicit, he should be punished. The process here however proves only that it is utterly flawed in every conceivable way. If one is to lay it all out to see then all Ts should be crossed. Regardless of Kraft accepting decisions the Wells Report is still a mess of epic proportions; intellectually, legally, procedurally and scientifically. It is a travesty of investigation. And it sickens me to my core that anyone can read it and not come away disturbed with the process.

As for the 1st Rounder or games, no one can know just how important either could be until both events pass. eg. One game made a difference in 2008 between a 11-5 Patriots taking the East and making the playoffs. And it is more likely to find a starter in the early rounds than not. Both punishments are completely brutal, but which is more so is impossible to know.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.