2015 NFL Season

Darth Lohr

You said "their own report" implying ownership by the NFL and thus bias. But okay, fine, let's say this is your first mention of it. If you're not saying the report is biased because the NFL paid for it ... why bring it up at all? Why does it matter the NFL paid for it?

You have severe reading comprehension problems.

I stated:

This situation is ****ing bullshit. And more colorful words.

The Wells Report wouldn't hold in court, but it's not court. The Wells Report provides *wording for actions to be taken in direct correlation to the NFL rule book (*more probable than not). That the Wells Report disregards it's own findings and summary conclusion to provide said NFL rule book phrasing. That the NFL disregards it's own *paid for **report's conculsion to produce an end result they never needed the report for (*denoting a report they sanctioned and approved, **the Wells Report).

I stated the NFL made this event as it is. I placed blame across all NFL parties involved, I never questioned Wells in his position as a hired independent investigator.

I questioned Lucas's ability to comprehend what I wrote and implied he misrepresented it intentionally.

I questioned Tex's trolling ability.

I questioned your, ShadowDog's, ability to comprehend what I wrote and implied you possibly misrepesented it intentionally.

I questioned Lucas's ability to empathize.

I questioned your, ShadowDog's, ability to comprehend what I wrote and implied you brought perceptions from outside what was written which possibly hampered your ability to comprehend what I wrote.

I just now ascertained you both, ShadowDog and Tex, must have severe reading comprehension issues at the very least regarding this particular sequence of dialogue.

If you can't see the problem in this process and conclusion, then at least understand the outrage (even from morons) then you have no understanding of the human condition.

Hm. Nope. I see zero problem with the process or the conclusion.

The Patriots "more probably than not" broke the rules. They have been punished thusly. I think everyone gets that but Patriots fans.

I am astounded by the complete lack of critical thinking displayed by the digestion of the facts presented in the Wells Report, both here and elsewhere.

I responded with passion initially, but it was directed at the appropriate parties. In replies I reiterated my position, expanded as appropriate both with snark and logic. Finally detailing my actions in steps so as to diagnose my own involvement in misunderstandings and provide points for others to reexamine.

He also conveniently avoided the most damning point ... one of the culprits literally calling himself The Deflator months before this came out. Pats fans write that off as a joke but wow what a coincidence to joke about the very thing you're later accused of.

Demanding me to point out to you a previous reply made directly to you and which you acknowledge by reply to it only damages your position that I am being unreasonable, bias, selective or illogical. It also furthers my position that your reading comprehension is for some reason lacking in this situation. I have responded repeatedly to questions, for clarification or different points and you continually reassert that I have not said anything or I have said the opposite. I have reread the conversation several times and found fault in myself for initially responding with vitriol and vulgarity. This response is again a reiteration of these positions and I am now done here.

Me neither. Since he has no intention of actually having a conversation about this, let's move on.

I have a general question not directed to Torchie. Why are Pats fans so pissed? I would have gladly traded 4 Peyton Manning suspended games for four rings. Championships solve everything. Its the ultimate validation. What could possibly get under your skin when you have four titles in a decade and a half? If the Colts had four titles you couldn't tell me jack shit.

And yet Pats fans are so over the top angry. In the face of undeniable cheating. It'd be different if there was some doubt about the cheating but there isn't. I'm being honest here, if this was the Colts I would own the cheating and polish my ring replica. They got caught, you own that and move on. I just honestly don't get all this misguided rage.

They just don't want anything to tarnish those SB wins. They either believe deep down that Brady is guilty or they care way too much about how non Pats fans view their team.

Personally I'd be like you, Dex. The Cowboys of the 90s were slammed for a lot of things, be it drugs, cavorting with whores, and just general thuggery. I personally never cared. I'd much rather have 3 SB wins with criminal players than none with a bunch of straight arrows.

Another aspect of this is that the Pats should consider themselves lucky that the league didn't look into this sooner. If they really wanted to hammer Brady couldn't conducted their investigation the day after the Colts game and then suspended Brady for the SB. You could make a very good case for that being a fair punishment.

Yeah that's pretty funny. A million bucks is nothing for owners. The fact that people are actually sending money to help Kraft pay what for him is a measly fine just shows how dumb Pats fans can be.

The Wells Report concludes the analysis of the data for tampering is uncertain as it requires assumption to reach a conclusion. To say the cheating is undeniable is dishonest.

Making a case that a speedier process could have suspended Brady for the Super Bowl is obviously valid since the process has resulted in a suspension of Brady for four games. However that is a 20/20 hindsight argument. Prior to this suspension, at least in my reading of the matter, no player has ever been suspended over equipment violations. In addition ball regulations have always been handled under that category; as shown including but not limited to events as recent as last season involving the Panthers and Vikings.

We all spend our money, so it is difficult to slam someone on how they choose to spend theirs. However I believe if monetary statements are wanting to be made in support of Brady et al then fans should consider; donating to charity, purchasing merchandise directly from the Patriots.com Proshop as (to my knowledge) the profits from the team's own run proshops are distributed in greater proportions to the organization than the league.

This isn't a court of law and it doesn't need to be beyond a reasonable doubt. Brady ain't going to jail. I mean c'mon do you really think he is innocent?

Personally I don't really care if he did it. But it is against the rules, so I don't have a problem with a punishment either. To me he got caught doing something illegal and is being punished. No different from a lineman holding and being called for a penalty. When Brady comes back I don't care that he did this in the past.

Demanding me to point out to you a previous reply made directly to you and which you acknowledge by reply to it only damages your position that I am being unreasonable, bias, selective or illogical. It also furthers my position that your reading comprehension is for some reason lacking in this situation. I have responded repeatedly to questions, for clarification or different points and you continually reassert that I have not said anything or I have said the opposite. I have reread the conversation several times and found fault in myself for initially responding with vitriol and vulgarity.

I feel the need to investigate this situation and determine the truth of the matter. However, since my co-Moderator is directly involved in this discussion, in the interest of fairness towards Torch, I have decided to go with an impartial third party and have handed things over to Mr. Ted Wells. You're welcome.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.