How to relax when you have no time?

I'm not trying to be an ass, and I know it sounds annoying and BOO HOO white person problem. My point was, I suspect there is some underlying neuroses going on that makes me fear I will lose everything if I'm not constantly going.

I actually understand where you're coming from, even though I'm in a different position.

Too much down time is as difficult as no down time. I was off for a couple weeks with an arm injury that left me unable to type, which is a major part of my job.

The first day was okay, I watched some movies, hung out away from my wife to not be in her way. After that, I was going crazy wanting to do something. So there's a happy medium between underworked and overworked.

I was working 50-60 hour weeks for awhile, to get caught up on bills and rent, and it was exhausting, mentally and physically. I finally cut back to around 40 hours so I'd have time between my two jobs to take a breather. When I'm on my death bed, nobody is going to give a shit about all those hours I worked, and I'm not going to have fond final memories of paying bills. I want to have time to enjoy life a little so I'll have something decent to remember someday. Maybe that sounds a bit morbid, but it gives me some perspective on life when I'm feeling overwhelmed by work.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.