PSYCHOLANAZLYZE ME , for free, please.

monkeygirl

SO-my neighbors with the kid I call Hall Runner and the dog are moving. They're making mega noise but it's not bugging me a bit. I know what's going on and that it will end. But when I can hear things and can't figure them out, I get...anxious? Angry, something?

What's wrong with me?

PLEASE be kind or creative.

Nothing is wrong with you. Anger at noise you didn't ask for is completely normal. My neighbor likes to play yoga/meditation Enya-esque music on repeat. I can hear it through the wall and it sounds like a DVD menu on repeat and recycling the same annoying hypnotic hippy refrain over and over again. I can feel that vein in my temple throb. My response is rather juvenile. Play Finnish death metal loudly back at them at anti-social hours.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Sounds like you are in an apartment or some sort of rental with shared living quarters (IE duplex, town home, condo). People who don't get a handle on their hellion kids and let them run around making all sorts of noise is very annoying, and pisses me off, too. Especially in such a living area where noisey neighbors can be easily heard.

I'm feeling anxious but it maybe because I totally went off on a bunch of bangers today. Their women make me mad, their stupidity makes me mad and the fact that they move on their own sweet time to move out of my parking space. I've been double checking on my car like ten times and they know which unit I live in.

But about you, yeah. strange noise is hard. Can you wear noise canceling headphones?

I second that. After dealing with a lot of changes over the past few years, my anxiety really overcame me last year. I've been seeing someone regularly for almost a year now and it has helped me tremendously. Besides all of the other problems anxiety can cause, I was getting easily aggravated by small things. The therapy has definitely helped with that (in addition to some medicine).

In all seriousness, I know I need to and ma starting the search. As I've whined a few times here-FINDING the therapist is the tough part. I wish to GAWD I could go back and see my last one-it just isn't an option. But she made me promise to find a new outlet so I'm looking now.

REESE; YES

Good. I thought about sending you info about SPD and OEs a few months ago. I was researching them for me and Noah, and mostly it just made me think of you. Our OEs aren't quite a disorder and they're not as debilitating as they are in others, but I think yours might be. Then again, my biggest defense against anything is to simply "shut it down", so I'm not sure if that's the healthiest way to combat things. I've also been thinking about finding a good therapist but I want to find one with experience dealing with OEs.

No offense, but I think you're pretty simple MG. You're a huge spaz; sometimes you intentionally do it for effect on the board, sometimes you don't realize you're doing it, but either way, simply being a little scatter-brained is not that unusual of a trait. Also you have a bit of a masochistic streak with men; not exactly sure why, but like most people, it probably comes from a latent immaturity in one of your character traits that you never got past, perhaps stemming from an insecurity from long ago. Who knows, who really cares- at this point in your life, you ain't changing, so why worry about it.

There you go. You can go see a therapist, waste a few months and pay a few thousand $ for him to tell you what I told you in two sentences. But hey, at least maybe you'll score some meds to 'cure' whatever 'disorder' happens to be in vogue at the moment, so maybe it's worth the $ after all. Unless you get addicted. That would suck I guess.

As far as the anxiety thing, my goodness, whatever. Everyone has little random anxieties about irrational things here and there, just do a few shots of whiskey- problem solved.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.