"New" Coke: 30 Year Anniversary Today!

Pong Messiah

What weirds me out is that back then, people preferred how much sweeter Pepsi is.

To me, the bitterness of Coke is the only thing that keeps it from going down like cough syrup... Pepsi literally makes me wanna gag. I can't believe people actually thought Coke wasn't sweet enough.

It's like pure syrup, people! What more do you want?

:eek:

SUGAR added to pure syrup. I swear-a hunnert years from now, people are going to look at the pop consumption of adults in the USA and wonder WTF.

ALSO: COKE is good. especially mexican Coke. Especially with lots of rum innit. And by especially I mean only. NEW Coke was the devil's saliva.

What weirds me out is that back then, people preferred how much sweeter Pepsi is.

But only in blind taste tests, where it was just a sip. It never really extended beyond that.

Although I can't really tell a difference. It's super sweet sugar water no matter what you call it. I'll enjoy a root beer from time to time, but colas are rather disgusting. The only exception, oddly, is with popcorn at the movie theater, which happens an average of every 2 and a half years.

For sugary drinks, I like a whiskey ginger, though a well-made old fashioned is even better.

Every once in awhile, and for reasons I can't understand, I crave a Coke with a slice of pizza or a giant burrito or homemade chili -- given the loads of sugar I'm piling on top of super fatty grease-grease, I'm probably just trying to kill myself. But that's about the extent of it. Sadly, I don't eat those foods every day, and rarely with a Coke. Pop is generally pretty gross.

I have very specific beverage requests that depend not only on the meal being consumed but also on the restaurant. I won't go into it. But I do enjoy a soda every so often. Except for Dr Pepper which I could consume like other people do coffee.

For sugary drinks, I like a whiskey ginger, though a well-made old fashioned is even better.

Every once in awhile, and for reasons I can't understand, I crave a Coke with a slice of pizza or a giant burrito or homemade chili -- given the loads of sugar I'm piling on top of super fatty grease-grease, I'm probably just trying to kill myself. But that's about the extent of it. Sadly, I don't eat those foods every day, and rarely with a Coke. Pop is generally pretty gross.

Root beer only happens with pizza. Cola only with popcorn. Normally I'd rather have water, tea or alcohol.

Pepsi so gross. I don't think I ever got to try New Coke. Then again, I would've only been 3. Good job, mom and dad! Then again, every thing else I ate as a child of the 80s was probably even worse for me.

I rarely drink pop anymore. I'd rather save my calories for food. But a burger and diet Coke is the best hangover cure ever. And I hate diet Coke.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.