One of the original X-Men just switched teams

CoLA

Cue conservatives being mad because GAY.

Cue comic fans being mad because CHANGE.

Cue conservative comic fans who don't want to admit they don't like the gay saying that Marvel should make a NEW gay character and not change an existing one.

Cue Bendis haters saying they LIKE it-- but not the way he did it.

Cue Marvel not giving a crap.

Cue the uber continuity nerds pointing out this is technically young time-displaced Iceman from the 616 and he may not exist in a few weeks after Secret Wars anyway.

Cue gay fans pointing out that adult Iceman is totally straight so the story is implying it is a choice, not genetic.

Cue me pointing out to anyone with a problem that I don't think they really understand what the X-Men are about.

I just see it as Bendis just straight out stating what had been speculated for years. CBR once had a really long thread with tons of examples. The weird thing is this same issue says that while young Bobby is gay the older one isn't! o_O

I don't know what Bendis is thinking by throwing that out there.

Because the original timeline Bobby has been in denial his whole life, which is why none of the MANY relationships he's had have worked out. There's some men who get married and have kids and don't come out of the closet until later in life.

Who knows what the status quo after Secret War will be anyway...

Because the original timeline Bobby has been in denial his whole life, which is why none of the MANY relationships he's had have worked out. There's some men who get married and have kids and don't come out of the closet until later in life.

Who knows what the status quo after Secret War will be anyway...

It sounds like Bobby's secret war is over now. :no:

It's just like real life! Every relationship fails! There isn't a single successful happy one!

I had no idea you're a Whedon.

It's just like real life! Every relationship fails! There isn't a single successful happy one!

Well, if you think about it, every single relationship ends one of two ways ... you break up or one of you dies. Those are the only two possible outcomes. Doesn't mean relationships can't be happy, obviously, but it does mean that every single romantic relationship in a person's life ends in a breakup except for the last one which ends in death.

Well, if you think about it, every single relationship ends one of two ways ... you break up or one of you dies. Those are the only two possible outcomes. Doesn't mean relationships can't be happy, obviously, but it does mean that every single romantic relationship in a person's life ends in a breakup except for the last one which ends in death.

You could die in a flaming wreck together.

For reals, why would you just go and tell one of your friends they're gay? Even if you saw it in their minds, why confront them about it? Just leave it be until the person is ready! Which leaves me to wonder what he was thinking...was he imagining getting pounded by Beast or something? o_O

He's being sarcastic-- running joke from another thread. :)

Why didn't I get that memo?!

You could die in a flaming wreck together.

Or turn into trees together!

I just don't think it'd be so terrible to have some happy couples in movies/TV/comics/books/whatever once in a while. Why not have someone actually be married for more than a year or two nad have them actually go the distance? It'd be nice to have that sort of model for people to look at once in a while. My parents are still together after 42 years of marriage. The only woman I ever dated whose parents are still together is the one I married. I think that says something.

I agree with that with all my power of agreeness. I hate that TV writers especially think that characters staying together makes poor drama. Ghost Whisperer for one proved you could have a compelling drama with a solid fanbase for four seasons without the married protags cheating on each other or breaking up and getting back together or any of that clichéd bs. It can be done, writers are just lazy.

Yeah, just look at what Marvel did to poor Spider-Man and MJ. :(

I mean, was anyone actually calling for them to be split up? Besides the Marvel writers, that is. Then DC followed suit by doing yet another reboot and making Superman and Flash single again. I don't know why a lot of writers don't like steady couples.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.