Have you ever not wiped?

Have you ever not wiped?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Did you ever finish your business and then just go about your business?

• Yes - it was glorious and I felt so free
    • Yes - but I had immediate regrets and residual fallout later
    • No - Because that's icky
    • No - Because how could you ever be sure
    • Other - please detail
  2. 2. BONUS ROUND - Do you always wash your hands after using the bathroom?

• Yes, of course
    • No, I'm clean and didn't touch anything gross (because I shower etc...)
    • Yes, when number two only
    • Only if I'm in a public restroom and other people are around and feel obligated, lest I be judged
    • I rinse only - no time or care for soap
    • Yes, I wash for 2 minutes and then sanitize my hands in molten lava
    • Only when I'm not at home - happy to spread the love in my own domicile
    • Other - please explain

So, I've wanted to make this thread for a while but was always on the toilet when I thought about it - this thread was not made while on the toilet - have no fear!

I did make a survey years ago in Lando, which a few of you seem to recall, that was quite extensive in looking at our bathroom habits -I believe the thread is long gone/pruned. But, this was one thing I always wondered.

Personally, I always wipe - I've believed a few times that no wipe was needed, but still succumbed to the need and wiped. Of course, if I was back in the world of 'squatty potties' - those poops come out so swiftly and clean, it's ridiculous - but hardly satisfying. Seriously, these non-developed countries know how to do the bowel movement, that's for sure.

As for washing hands... I more often than not wash, or at least rinse - especially if I know there has been a perforated square of paper. Although after completion of urination I might not always wash. I mean, I didn't pee on my hands and I know where Woody Womb Pecker has been and is clean! Doesn't always make sense in my mind to wash - someone care to educate me on why?

Because restrooms are covered in fecal matter?

Personally, I really only wash my hands after going to the bathroom and before prepping food. I try not to freak out about germs too much, but I consider that the bare minimum.

Ahh - I should've clarified - 100% washing when in a public restroom - in fact, they need to make it law that all restrooms doors are PUSH to exit. So stupid to have to put your clean hand on that potentially filthy handle.

I'm talking more about being at home, in my case. Also, for women it's a bit different, you've (typically) got to wipe and it might seep through the paper... but guys just wiggle and jiggle and all is bueno! Hence why I am not overly set on washing at home...

I wash my hands all the time. All. The. Time. I just can't stand for them to feel grimy/clammy/gross/dry or anything other than soft and clean.

Come in with the milk, come in with the milk, come in with the milk, come in with the milk...

So today I parked at Blue Star and walked downtown on the Riverwalk until I got to Market Square. Mostly because I remembered they have great public bathrooms and I really had to pee. But I forgot it is NIOSA (Night in Old San Antonio) Fiesta weekend and they closed the really good clean public restrooms and put port-a-potties out on Market Street. So I literally peed in a public street and then the port-a-potty was so humid that the toilet paper was wet. So you can infer what you want from that. I should have just gone into one of the fancy hotels instead.

That's it! I need one of those!

Kohler has jumped into wash-yer-butt bidet derby with its C3 series toilet seats, using a special "hydra-cleansing wand" (pictured at right) to give you a hands-free alternative to toilet paper.

The C3-200 model ($1300, pictured on the toilet above left) has an in-line heater that warms up that water so your ass-cleaning experience will be more soothing than shocking. It even has a remote control to initiate the whole cleaning and drying process. There's also the model C3-100 ($750, pictured above right) that contains a small tank that heats up the cleansing water, and its controls are located on the side of the seat.

*swoon*

Gone where?

To drop some friends off at the pool, of course!

Guest El Chalupacabra

So today I parked at Blue Star and walked downtown on the Riverwalk until I got to Market Square. Mostly because I remembered they have great public bathrooms and I really had to pee. But I forgot it is NIOSA (Night in Old San Antonio) Fiesta weekend and they closed the really good clean public restrooms and put port-a-potties out on Market Street. So I literally peed in a public street and then the port-a-potty was so humid that the toilet paper was wet. So you can infer what you want from that. I should have just gone into one of the fancy hotels instead.

I should use this as my new signature.

tl

ALSO: GUYS: um-so HOW do you wash your hands? Like gimme DEEtails. How long, how much soap, how dry? What kind of dryer/method do you prefer? DO YOU wash them more thoroughly after going to the bathroom or before you cook? STUFFIKE THAT, tell me now, please.

I was ASSaulted by a toilet like that in Japan.

I was them thoroughly with warm water and soap, every time. I then use a paper towel to open the door (if in public). I know too much about parasites, bacteria, and diseases. Way too much.

Because I used to manage Taco Bell you wash your hands in warm soapy water making sure to get your nails for as long as you can sing Happy Birthday Song twice. Use a towel to turn the faucet off if it is not a automatic faucet. Then I take the towel and use it to open the public bathroom door to exit. I also try really hard not to handle parts of the door to the stall. So I use a little toilet paper to make the latch fall into place. And always open the doors from the top (least touched area)

Also because my sister has an auto-immune issue I am prepared with cleaning supplies. So you really want to use a bathroom after me in most places because I will clean the toilet before I use it (minus scrubbing the bowl) using a clorox sanitizing disposable wipey (I sometimes have gloves - would you believe?). I get the lid, flush handle and along the top of the bowl because public potties have the U seat and not the O seat. I am also pretty trained because of my food days to pick up loose paper and wipe up excess water on the counter so you don't have a water spot from leaning in to wash your hands on your belly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.