New Trailer!

Driver

Is Kylo Ren his "bad guy name"? Cause it doesn't really sound like one. And do we know for sure this Kylo Ren chap is in fact, our masked bad guy? Or is it just the accepted standard of speculation at the minute?

The display card for The Force Awakens exhibit bad guy costume names him as "Kylo Ren."

• 2 months later...

Okay, so I have to admit, this trailer got me. I had been trying so hard not to get too excited about Episode 7 after being burned so badly by the prequels, but I genuinely believe now that we're in good hands and that we're going to get an awesome movie that feels like a Star Wars movie. Here were my observations:

1. Vader's mask -- It seems like the theory of Kylo Ren being a collector of Sith relics is probably true. The melted Vader mask looks like it's on display, so I'm guessing it's one of many things he has displayed in a secret room somewhere. I was leaning toward the theory that his lightsaber wasn't meant to have a cross guard, but that actually he just didn't know how to make a proper lightsaber and that the two little vents by the hilt were exhaust vents, but now I'm thinking it's got to be an older lightsaber that a previous Sith Lord used.

2. The chrome tie fighter attacking storm troopers -- We've heard that the Empire is fractured and I think that this is probably Captain Phasma's ship and she's trying to "purge" the Empire of all but the most dedicated soldiers. I think this actually might even be the opening scene to the movie. Perhaps in the opening crawl we'll learn that the Empire at large is ready to make a truce with the rebellion, and that is what causes Phasma to attack these stormtroopers. I suspect that John Boyega is a real storm trooper and he is the only survivor of this attack and makes it down to the planet Jakku, and that a decent amount of Ep 7 will be him and Daily Ridley trying to warn the rebellion (apparently they're called the Resistance now???) about the first order.

3. A lot of people have made a big deal about Daily Ridley's staff and that it looks exactly light a lightsaber from an EU Jedi. I definitely think that she is the new Jedi in this movie, and that she is either Leia's daughter or Luke's daughter. I don't know if the staff is the lightsaber or not, but I think that the voice over from Luke about "you have that power too" is when Luke will be handing Ridley his old lightsaber, even though in the preview they have an alien hand holding the lightsaber and giving it to someone else (I've heard the ring on the other hand matches a ring that Leia is seen to be wearing at some point, so maybe she's looking for it for Luke).

4. The Falcon -- Maybe Lando hadn't given it back yet after ROTJ, and then it was damaged and crashed during the battle of Jakku?

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.