New Trailer!

Driver

What the hell do they make those spaceships out of in the galaxy far, far away, that they can crash nearly intact? I'd typically expect something as big as a Star Destroyer to be smashed to pieces before it hit the ground! And that X-wing, also mostly intact, rather than scattered over the whole of the desert?? They must be made of unobtainium.

LOL, my co-workers and I were talking about how the only thing left should be a crater.

That's based on it being a crash from space. It easily could have been a controlled descent without the ability to fully land. Something a little better than Anakin landing the ship in RotS.

But Star Wars has never worried about being scientifically accurate, thankfully.

I have a sneaking suspicion that a Star Destroyer probably couldn't withstand normal gravitational forces under it's own weight, it would have to be assembled in space and stay in orbit. But that's the resident engineer taking the fun out of everything. So then story-writers say it's made out of unobtainium to account for structural strength.

It's the same reason Han flew into the asteroid field. He is cocky enough to figure he is capable flying through it but those pursuing him are not. He figures he can fly around it for a while. All the TIEs crash trying to get him, then Han doubles back and exits the same way he came in.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Maybe Jakku is small and thus has less gravity than say earth, so it just gently fell to the surface.

Maybe Jakku= Raxus Prime, and that's the Star Destroyer Starkiller brought down with the Force.

Damn. When I first learned of the Lucas-Disney deal, I was adamantly against more movies being made. Still am. So why do I keep watching that trailer over and over?

You have taken your first step.

Welcome to the dark side...

Guest El Chalupacabra

I loved the part with Darth Revan!

Yeah, I think Kylo Ren definitely resembles Revan. But I actually think that is a good thing. I'm glad they didn't try to do Vader 2.0.

...and for those who don't know who Revan is and are interested, this is what he looks like and why some people see the resemblance. Maybe it's on purpose for whatever reason (IE a nod), or maybe its coincidence.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I don't know about that, but I see the resemblance between Kylo Ren and Revan, and I think its a lot more than a remote, tangential base resemblance. I would be highly surprised (chances are next to nil IMHO) that the two characters are connected in any way, story-wise. They just look alike to me. I'd like to say maybe its a nod to fans of KOTOR since JJ did throw in a bunch of Easter Eggs in the Star Trek Movies, and maybe this is similar, but until someone official says otherwise, it's just as likely the two characters look the same because of coincidence.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.