New Trailer!

Driver

I don't at all mind the lightsaber being the key to start the plot and bring everyone together. I don't like the idea of it floating through space and landing. I'm hoping that rumor is half true and maybe the saber has been like floating around the black market for quite a while prior to this.

I was teaching class and went to check my school email and a colleague seny me an email saying hey checkout the new trailer. So everything in class stopped. All learning stopped. I went over to my presentation computer and projected on my smartboard and showed the trailer to the whole class and at the end they all cheered! It was awesome.

Also did you notice the new imperial logo? The Vader helmet shot was the best piece hands down.

I actually loved the shot of Boyega reaching for (probably Ridley's) hand. He has this look of kinda surprise. Kinda like he's been fighting this war full of cruelty and it's all he's known for so long and now some random person is actually trying to help him.

Did anyone watch the livestream with with the trailer premiered? It was full of ALL KINDS of awesome. Maybe the coolest (aside from the trailer, obv) thing was the practical BB8 unit that they brought out. I mean, that is absolutely damn incredible

There are a million ways that they could mess this movie up completely. After watching this trailer I am finally convinced that they aren't going to screw it up. I can't think of any higher praise than that.

The only thing better than how this trailer looked was how good Daisy Ridley looked at Celebration.

OH yeah I heard the echo effect too on my last viewing. It was jarring, because I didn't notice on the first... uh, several.

And yeah, my thought was always that it was just p/re-recorded dialogue that isn't in the film but has some neat connotations to a movie called The Force Awakens.

Call me insane... but I feel like Chewie's warble seems like an overdub.

I KNOW, ALL of Chewie's "dialog" is overdubbed. But it seemed... off.

It seemed to be a lot of growl for such little lip and mouth movement, yes. Probably just for the trailer - to reassure us that Chewie still speaks!

The lightsaber is handed over dangerous-end first; clearly the first handler has no clue what it is. The second handler (Daisy?) turns it around.

Using the dialogue as a guide, the second handler is likely Leia.

Here's something I've never admitted to anyone. I get really annoyed by ALL of R2D2 and Chewbacca's dialog most times because I have watched Star Wars so much I know when it is recycled. All of R2D2's dialog in ESB is recycled from ANH and it annoys me because I know what he was "saying" the first time around. In ROTJ they made all new dialog for R2 so that was cool-- but the PT was nothing but mashups from both sources.

Chewie has it even worse, all his dialog is recycled noises from ANH save for his "laugh" in ESB.

It REALLY bugs me at live events when you can tell somebody with a sound board is plugged into the PA just triggering stuff randomly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.