New Trailer!

Driver

The only.. and I mean ONLY thing that gives me pause is that this lends a bit of credence to the whole lightsaber and hand in space rumor. I really hope that there is some bit of truth to it-- but the details are the result of a game of telephone. That is 100% Anakin's second saber/Luke's first that was lost on Bespin that's being handed off.

The rest of it-- holy cow. I got giddy.

Also.. when Luke is giving his monolog. He says "My father HAS it..." Present tense....

Interesting. Immediate thoughts:

• BB-8 is on the Falcon, peeking around a corner. Perhaps the Falcon is captured and boarded? Shades of ANH....
  • The mechanical hand on R2 - my impression is that the touch is a form of communication, for some reason. Like a upload/download thing. No reason to think so, though.
  • Lots of snow and ice around the stormtrooper line-up. Did the Empire establish a base on Hoth after the battle there?
  • Where is Leia? Are Han and Chewie traveling the galaxy without her? Are they even a couple at this point?

Also.. when Luke is giving his monolog. He says "My father HAS it..." Present tense....

Isn't that just the ROTJ dialogue with Leia at the Ewok village?

• BB-8 is on the Falcon, peeking around a corner. Perhaps the Falcon is captured and boarded? Shades of ANH....

Good eye!

• The mechanical hand on R2 - my impression is that the touch is a form of communication, for some reason. Like a upload/download thing. No reason to think so, though.

For some reason I thought it was Luke connected with an old friend...

• Lots of snow and ice around the stormtrooper line-up. Did the Empire establish a base on Hoth after the battle there?

Must have! I mean in all the galaxy it can't be snowing on TWO planets! Also must mean there was a battle fought of Tattooine... :p

• Where is Leia? Are Han and Chewie traveling the galaxy without her? Are they even a couple at this point?

I'd think it would be hilarious if they were broken up... but she's probably got a job she can't walk away from somewhere...

Isn't that just the ROTJ dialogue with Leia at the Ewok village?

Not quite-- in ROTJ he says "My father has it... I have it.. My SISTER has it..." and he's talking to Leia. No "You have it too" is needed.

My theory is that Luke has been communicating with Force Ghost Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin for years. He just talks about him in present tense because of that. We don't probably won't see or hear them on screen though.

Yeah you guys are right-- it's from ROTJ, just edited into a different order.

Curious about things we DIDN'T see in the trailer... no Leia, no Adam Driver, no Andy Serkis, no Max Von Sydow, and no visuals of Luke. I feel like that's him in the hood with the robot hand but I could be wrong.

Yay... Hayden Christensen cameo please. /s

The trailer does look promising. I loved the end with Han and Chewie. The crashed Stardestroyer looked awesome. I'm hyped!

I had lukewarm feelings about the first trailer. Came off a little bit like a fan film, had some "un-Star Wars like" shots, cheesy narration, felt a little amateur-ish. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either.

Completely different feeling with this one.

That shot with the Falcon being chased reminded me a little bit of the feeling I had when I first watched the asteroid chase in Empire Strikes Back. And I haven't felt that in a LONG time.

:thumbsup:

I REALY hope it's a game of spoiler telephone. Like somehow a ship is blown up in orbit, debris falls, the lightsaber is discovered amongst it is a plausible thing that sans detail came across to somebody not reading the script as HAND AND LIGHTSABER FLOATING IN SPACE.

The idea that somebody collects old Jedi artifacts and it spurns the plot is fine.

Yeah and the chase going up and through a super star destroyer was great, too.

Also liked the Falcon nipping the sand during the chase, which is proof that Han probably was the pilot.

We got it the first time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.