Daredevil

ShadowDog

Matt Murdock's skills would take years to hone, he was most likely ready to hit the streets at this time and the Incident just happens to facilitate his plans. Like a mirror to Kingpin's plans really.

Just finished ep.5 last night.

The show is visually brutal at times, which is only heightened by tremendously done but disgusting sound FX full of snaps and splooshy meatbag noises. My wife and I have looked away both voluntarily and involuntarily at times. Gore aside; the action is well done, the drama feels honest and the show allows itself moments of much needed levity to break up the intensity.

I feel that this show so far is getting DareDevil as right as TAS got Batman right.

Yeah, I feel like even though he had been training (maybe to get back at the guys who killed his dad?), the Incident and various heroes popping up convinced him to get out there and start busting heads.

Agree about the SFX, I cringed at the end of episode 2 and the scene in ep. 3 when the guy

impaled himself through the head

!

I like it, it's a well balanced show... but he doesn't really do anything Daredevil-y. I mean, he jumps out of a window once. But mostly he seems like Punisher without guns and heightened senses.

Anyway, I like the actor they chose for Murdock. He can be brooding but likable... dark, but you never question that he's a hero.

Kingpin gets better too, so if you like him early you'll appreciate the touches they expand on later in the season.

I haven't finished the season yet, but Netflix has updated their image for the show with DD in his red horned outfit. I dunno if it appears this season, but I'd guess yeah. It looks good but an odd thing happened when I saw it... I missed the black mask. LOL The complete covering of the eyes being gone specifically got me. I've really grown to like that clean line.

I got through the first episode last night. I'll roughly never catch up with the rest of you.

There was a lot of it that was very Whedon-esque, in a good way. I felt like I was really being set up for a story as opposed to something like Agents of Shield where I've just been set up for a typical 1990s syndicated adventure show. I had low expectations because of my dislike of AoS, but this blew me away.

The 13 episodes are one big story. Think of this less as an ongoing series and more a like miniseries that used to be produced when we were young (eg. Lonesome Dove).

If/when we get more I am hoping the episode count stays low like this. Had this been a full season on TV then we'd have between 7-10 more episodes, but it'd be more filler or dragged out.

Couldn't agree more, THT.

The 13 episodes were just about perfect. Never felt rushed, never felt padded.

In fact, the whole series was just about perfect. I can't say this was the best thing ever, but you have to give bigtime credit to a series that does so many things right, and so consistently.

Liked a ton of characters, but Vincent D'Onofrio kind of stole the show for me; he was like a living breathing drawing. One hope: that they emphasize his intelligence and political/networking skills in any future installments, as it would kinda help explain how he became so powerful.

Afraid to analyze/critique too much more at this time, since a lot of people are only a few episodes in. Finish the series, people!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.