Why do Hoosiers Support Sharia Law?

Pong Messiah

A thing I find funny about all of this is just how selective Christians, or at least certain kinds of Christians are about what categories of "sinners" they don't want to be baking cakes (or whatever) for. Should they likewise be baking cakes for straight couples who are re-marrying? Isn't this as much against their theology as homosexuality is? (Matthew 19:7-9) What about people who've had pre-marital sex? What about men who look at women with lust in their hearts - a sin according to Matthew 5:28? (I am SO going to hell) This just seems so agenda driven and hypocritical to me.

Sooooo true.

And the denial and obfuscation and confusion surrounding this issue can be downright hilarious at times: "I'd never deny services to a gay person... but I would not sell pizza for a gay wedding!"

wtf

That being said, as much as I love hearing the wailing and moaning from conservative Christians as they are flushed down the toilet of the culture wars, they aren't the ones threatening violence and arson now.

Not the best way to get your message across, guys.You do realize you just gave months of ammunition to every one of those sniveling "Oh, we're such oppressed martyrs in America" Christian crybabies, right?

I secretly hope that they'll feel so bad for this that gay marriage gets voted in because of guilt. I mean some people have put it so well thought out about this that the supporters of the bill do look morally stupid, like the way Pong put his argument above.

wait WHAT?

"It makes perfect sense to you, you just don't agree. That's fine. I can't see how if you provide floral arrangements for a wedding,'

or a cake for a wedding, or you are a wedding planner how that doesn't make you a part of the ceremony and at the very least tacitly

imply that you or your company endorse it. You disagree. Like I said, that's fine."

NO< this is not fine and no we don't just disagree! GAWD YOU ARE SUCH A MAN.

K-being PART OF a wedding is very different than selling a cake to 2 people. Officiating a marriage is VERY different than selling someone roses.

You don't see that?

Cripes, if everyone at the damn thing was assumed to be in support of it, they'd never ask that "If anyone here objects" question!

I don't think objections were asked for at our wedding. Not their damn decision anyway.

I don't think someone would undergo GENERAL anesthesia for an abortion. But they might set up a spinal block, depending on the abortion method used. I don't know how that would be handled with today's methods for childbirth having a lot of pain management involved.

Oh? Then I suppose you have no problem whatsoever eating this entire bowl of crucifix-emblazoned M&Ms I have placed before you?

Do it. With a smile and without any hesitation.

Or you are a bigot!

ok now you're just being ridiculous! who turns down M&Ms of any variety like ever?

Well, wouldn't you know it? Yellow journalism strikes again!

"So how does a small business in a small town wind up making headlines around the world as the new avatar of Christian bigotry?
Perhaps, you say, they brought this upon themselves, seeking out publicity for their strict biblical views.
Eh…no.
Some cursory internet forensics shows how it happened…or rather, how it was made to happen.
ABC-57 reporter Alyssa Marino’s editor sends her on a half-hour drive southwest of their South Bend studio, to the small town of Walkerton (Pop. ~2,300). According to Alyssa’s own account on Twitter, she “just walked into their shop [Memories Pizza] and asked how they feel” about Indiana’s new Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
Owner Crystal O’Connor says she’s in favor of it, noting that while anyone can eat in her family restaurant, if the business were asked to cater a gay wedding, they would not do it. It conflicts with their biblical beliefs. Alyssa’s tweet mentions that the O’Connors have “never been asked to cater a same-sex wedding.”
What we have here is — as we called in journalism school jargon — “no story.” Nothing happened. Nothing was about to happen."

Of course, this did not stop the wrecking ball of self righteous internet progressives effectively destroying the place:

"BuzzFeed posted its own inaccurate headline, with the kicker: ”The Internet has unleashed its wrath.”
All of those eyeballs benefit the TV station, which sells advertising on its website. It also helps several young, minor-market reporters who hustled and stumbled their way into the national spotlight. But don’t blame them. Blame the editor.
Meanwhile, over at Yelp.com, more than a thousand “reviews” of Memories Pizza rapidly accumulated, quickly overwhelming the positive comments from actual customers who like the pizza, the hospitality and the small-town charm. Folks who never heard of Walkerton attacked Crystal O’Connor’s business, her morality and her Lord. Many of the remarks included racially charged descriptions of genitalia and sex acts. “Reviewers” also posted pictures of naked men, of Adolf Hitler shouting “Ich habe ein pizza” (I have a pizza), and of Jesus gesturing with his middle finger. Over on Facebook, the restaurant’s 5-star average rating rapidly plunged to one star, as non-customers slammed away at Crystal’s little business."

As I once heard said, "This is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.