Deadpool

Darth Lohr

I don't know anything about the character, but this actress' inclusion significantly increases the (currently rather small) desire I have to see this film finally happen...

Morena Baccarin Confirms Role as Copycat in "Deadpool"

Assuming she's still on Gotham next year, that means she'll be a DC character and a Marvel one simultaneously. Not even Ryan Reynolds pulled that off!

I don't think the people who were whining (now breathing a happy sigh of relief) care about it being a blockbuster, though. I think it's a fear that the movie won't be as over the top as they envision it needing to be, that there might be scattered moments appropriate for young or sensitive viewers, etc...

Not sure how I feel about the rating thing, to be honest. On one hand, there are some characters, songs, works of art that simply won't work if they are softened up for general audience consumption, so in that regard, I consider it good news. On the other hand -- it's just a freakin' rating, and there's so much more to a film than that... and furthermore, working within constraints (budget, censors, available material, time, etc.) seems to consistently produce a better quality final product than somebody with massive resources who gets to do what they want, so....

Also: I vaguely remember liking the first Blade movie -- or at least being fully entertained by it. Not sure its rating had anything to do with its quality, of course.

Blade was better than I expected and Blade 2 was great popcorn fun. I'm just not into celebrating tiny pre-production trivia posing as headline news. I'm sure it's liberating to the filmmakers that they can go gonzo with their live-action Grand Guignol Looney Tunes hyper-violence, but I remain far from assured that this won't suck.

(Speaking as someone who's bought plenty of Deadpool comics, mind you.)

If R means Deadpool can be part Pulp Fiction, part Animal House and part Spider-Man then the film has a chance. However you could probably get a mix like that with PG-13 you'd just miss on some, not all, gore and vulgarity.

Even though my little kids love the youth marketed verision of Deadpool, the real heart of that character is for high school and up. As such going R seems much more in line with the property than what gets done with DC Icons like Batman and too an extent Superman both in print and on the silver screen. Too bad some fans that cheer R-Pool is right don't also see the reverse point with those characters.

Even though my little kids love the youth marketed verision of Deadpool, the real heart of that character is for high school and up. As such going R seems much more in line with the property than what gets done with DC Icons like Batman and too an extent Superman both in print and on the silver screen. Too bad some fans that cheer R-Pool is right don't also see the reverse point with those characters.

Agreed. I'm a pretty casual fan, and find it kinda funny how totally serious some people are taking this R-rating. I mean, wasn't he kind of a conscious response to how ridiculous the scene had gotten with all those overly serious comics with angsty, darker-than-thou anti-heroes? I think the whole point was to stop taking this so freakin' seriously.

While I personally want a more "adult" version, Deadpool's "You said traps!" and "un-aliving" monologue with Spidey is proof enough for me that the "If he is not R, he sucks" mentality is categorically false. Granted, I find 4th-grade potty humor hilarious, so maybe I'm not the best judge, but hey -- I laughed, and that's what matters to me!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.