ROGUE ONE

Mara Jade Skywalker

The Holiday Special is as if SNL put out a Star Wars episode but failed, more than usual, in making it funny. This is then compounded by the crap quality for the audio/visual of most clips or copies of the Special that are available. If the technical quality was good, the Special might be watchable at least enough to MST3000 it.

The biggest difference between the 2 is MST3K had 87 minute episodes with host segments that totalled maybe 8-10 minutes. So they had to edit 20-30 minutes out of the 90-100 minute long movies they riffed. That allowed them to remove the boring or hard to riff portions. So they were on fire all the time.

Rifftrax has to riff the entire movie every time. That usually means it drags in spots, making it seem like its inferior.

• 5 weeks later...

Here's my guess for the time capsule:

It's about the original Rogue Squadron, before Luke and Wedge came on to scene, early days of the Alliance. A hot shot pilot has to put together a team for a suicide gun-running mission and she recruits smugglers, bounty hunters and former Imperial pilots to make it happened. They are misfits with a job to do, but end up seeing the light ala Han in ANH and become the first special missions group for the Alliance as they go from smaller resistance cells as seen in Rebels, to the full fledged Alliance that we see in the OT.

Your treatment is still pretty in play.

And if we're being really honest, there isn't much there. It's not footage, all ILM produced, and it's still 20 months out. Plenty of time to drum up public interest; especially when it won't step on TFA's toes (even if that would be a fly landing on a giant's foot).

Here's a good round-up from io9:

http://io9.com/everything-we-know-about-the-first-star-wars-spin-off-f-1698820041

Man, I'm very excited for these type of films.

Yeah, Im excited. Honestly when this whole Disney thing was announced a few years ago I obviously was looking forward to the new movies but I wasnt crazy excited. But it really seems like Disney has this whole thing together. Everything I've seen and heard recently just looks and sounds so great.

I figured it out, or at least I'm pretty sure I did.

I wonder why that hasn't officially been put online?

This has to do with Paramount's Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. Their deal included Disney refraining from publicly marketing (fan events are excluded from this) Rogue One until later this year (presumably until after Rogue Nation is released).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.