ROGUE ONE

Mara Jade Skywalker

Since Mr. Abrams isn't directing, I expect more and better leaks during production of whatever this "Rogue One" happens to be. Probably bounty hunter droids piloting X-wings, I bet. That way everyone is happy.

Let me add my sincere apologies for irritating people. My first thought was honestly about the title not reflecting the "obvious" because that is how I think. I should've left it at that, though. Further posts did not advance the idea, and only eroded my standing in this little community. I completely spaced on ESB. Oops. I incompetently tried to backtrack, and was called on it. I'm ashamed of myself. I will watch the prequels as penance.

If by some long odds this film is not about X-wing pilots, I'll be only a little less surprised than anyone else here.

From io9:

Rogue One

At the same shareholder meeting concept art for the now-titled Star Wars movie was shown, and weirdly enough, despite the title implying a link to the elite squadron of X-Wing pilots, there wasn't an X-Wing in sight according to descriptions:

Dozens of figures in fatigues appeared to be storming something with a strange helicopterish vehicle (open on the sides) in the background, releasing more troops.

There were tough-looking vehicles too.

The ships were fairly dark, and in the background.

They weren't obviously X-Wing Fighters, which our sources would have recognized.

They "seemed a bit bigger than X-Wings".

"More like a transport ship of sorts" but probably not as big as the Tantive IV (the transport ship we see Darth Vader board at the beginning of A New Hope).

The characters were all "generic" looking "wearing the same dark outfit."

Granted that Lucas made some - many - controversial decisions about his story and how he wanted to tell it, I think claiming others "know more about it" than he does is ridiculous. What does that even mean?

That's a pet peeve of mine. It was his ****ing story. His. So when people said ten years ago shit like he should lose control of the franchise because they didn't agree with his decisions. That's the height of arrogance. Until Lucas sold this franchise it was his. Period.

I get being passionate about a franchise but for me this is going too far.

Having said that I think him willingly giving up the franchise has really been a shot in the arm for it. I like where things are headed.

Yup, it was his franchise to do whatever he wanted with it. I was the first to defend him that way.

That doesn't mean he was't in the dark about a lot of things going on in the franchise besides the films. Which is fine and his prerogative. He didn't want to know about the EU, that's cool. I wasn't making a judgment call, merely stating a fact that George himself has said before.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.