It has been FIFTEEN YEARS....

Eve

It defaults to applying the quote to the beginning and end to an entire post,, but just open and close quote whatever text you want.

{quote} text {/quote}

I tried that but it just added that

to the quote... :(

Like so...

15 years ago I was 19. I wanted to show off to a friend about knowing Episode II news and then stuff happened and I registered and I've spent a lot of time posting and I'm a dad and I work and I own a house and a car and am married and I'm wearing a tie.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe that I have been on a message board where I have almost 20,000 posts.

Meanwhile, Primbud is somewhere scoffing at that number.

Don't even get me started on Primbud. At one point I actually tried to get the rest of the admins to let me remove post counts cause of him, lol. 12 years of a lot of lurking for me. I was 18, married young, and lonely in Vegas when I found this place. I think it was another year before I actually started posting regularly though cause I'm just like that. Sometimes I stumble upon my old board story drafts and comics in my backups and get the feels. Now I live in AZ with Link and our boy (who will be starting kindergarten this year), and things are generally okay.

• 1 month later...

Well let's see now. I think we've tried to do a bunch of these "epic history" type things over the years, but as time goes by, the memories dim and we are left with a lot less than we used to have.

Like a special few, I started here in June 99 after reading the EW article about the website. I switched the next month to this username, though for the life of me I can't remember why. For the first bit I was deeply involved in the actual discussion regarding Episode 1 and the theories regarding what would happen. However, after a few months, I switched to total troll mode and started fights with quite a few members including Jason Solo.

Backed off the boards until fall of 2000 where I started freshman year at college. Bored in the computer labs, I rediscovered Nightly. Now a college student and a year older, wiser and more mature, I quickly picked up where I left off by trolling and flaming quite a few members, including Jason Solo. I was even banned once, and came back under the clever name... D A. At that point I had a discussion with a young chap named Mandard who informed me that if I didn't shape up, they'd make sure to ban every name I could come up with. So, I shaped up and became a model netizen. I spent a good portion of my freshman year chatting with these folks in AIM chatrooms. TR, Jason Solo, Mara, Lady Palpatine, Red 5, P_L, Jedi SA, Natar, Andy and others. You know, all the cool kids. For a while TR and I were self proclaimed kings of the boards, misquoting everyone, using 50 different celebrity aliases, calling people dirty dirty liars, and being admired by the dudes and eyed by the ladies. Well maybe not, but it was a long time ago so I can make this up as I go.

Things branched off a bit from there. Mandard and I got involved in a dark and mysterious portion of the boards that time has forgotten and not even the most nefarious of net alchemy can revive. We played in the dozens of hidden (and thought to be deleted) boards that existed outside of the rules. Some knew of the Empire and Alliance boards that I helped unofficially moderate, but there was plenty more behind the scenes. Several members from the Empire and Alliance boards, including myself, started our own boards as well for people to post on. Shockingly, this led to infighting and namecalling and all that mature stuff.

The Star Wars side came alive again before Episode II when lucasfilm or whoever started posted weekly "select" photos that we thought were big clues being left about the plot. One was Anakin fighting a sith lord which the computer dorks were able to digitally manipulate so that you could make out Christopher Lee's face as Dooku. I forget what the other big one was. That was a fun time though. The boards were really jumping.

As time went on though, people left, life became more hectic, and now I basically come back for these reunion threads to remember how great everything used to be.

So although I graduated with a degree in history, I've worked in sales for the last 10 years. A while ago I switched to financial sales and although it is more lucrative, I don't get to see my family as much and that sucks. I have a house, I've had a bunch of pretty cool cars, and I got married almost 8 years ago. Some of you probably remember her. We also have a 2 year old son who is the best person that has ever existed.

Anyway, that was fun. See you dudes next year!

Bravo, sir. I do enjoy the fact that Jason is listed twice under enemies and once under friends. This seems about right to me.

I remember the Alliance and Empire board, though I didn't really post in them much. I knew them by reputation though. And the selects were great. 99 times out of a hundred they were some strange photo of half of a control panel or some garbage.

Also, the only thing I remember about your wife is the strong scent of snow pants.

Summer school of 2002-- my new friend Kelly showed me nightly in between cross-checking Tank posts and printing out fan scripts in our high school's computer lab.

Nearly 13 years later Kelly and I are still close, even though she lives in Germany with her husband. I found Nightly through friendship, and then friendship through Nightly.

Now I'm 10 years past legal and hopefully a little less annoying. Slightly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.