That Speachy Guy from Israel

Pong Messiah

Guest El Chalupacabra

I was thinking of it actually, but the surest way to kill a thread is to have me start it!

I have been wanting to post a topic about this but thought I have saturated the forum with some pretty dorky topics so I just chose not to do it.

This is one area that I agree with Obama on. Boehner is a fool as this is mostly just more GOP thumbing their fingers off at Obama. We still need to resolve the Homeland Security department funding beyond 7 days but sure, lets let some old fart "Hawk" in Israel that we have been funneling useless amounts of money to come and make a speech. The current Iran talks about nukes though do make this spicier.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Fox News keeps playing snippets of his speech, adding super dramatic music! Is he our president now? I sure hope so. He seems so, so... confident!

I would totally rewatch the speech if it were set to any of the following soundtracks:

Hans Zimmer: Time (Inception), The Dark Knight, Gladiator themes

James Horner: Star Trek II TWOK, Braveheart, or Aliens themes

John Murphy's Sunshine

Clint Mansell's Requiem For A Dream

The theme from The Terminator

The opening theme for BSG

...But especially The Anvil of Crom & Battle of the Mounds from Conan the Barbarian.

Tell me of days of high adventure.

Is that significant though? Haven't there been loads of anti-speachy guy rallies since the 1990s?

It is significant because in the face of Iran-mania, the Republican invite stunt (aka slap Obama in the face) is designed to convince anyone that Israel all walks to the same beat and will follow speachy off of the edge of a cliff--and America should do the same.

soooo - after that speechy guy and now the GOP letter ----- Iran is still working on its Nuke Program - while they are laughing - er - ah I mean negotiating with the US ?!??! Maybe someday soon - our wizards of smart will finally find those magic words to cause the evil heart of those moderates in charge in Iran to finally melt .... but until then we have what we have.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.