Your 3 Favorite Cereals

Cashmere

I was talking to a friend the other day about my favorite cereal and she said she doesn't really have a favorite because she rarely eats cereal. I was dumbfounded. I always have cereal on hand because it's a quick, easy, filling meal. And it works for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

I love cereal! My 3 favorites are:

3. Life

This stuff is lightly sweet and slightly crunchy. My favorite part is how it sucks up the milk so perfectly. With a bowl of Life Cereal you're going to get a perfect cereal to milk ratio in every spoonful.

2. Basic 4

Fruit, nuts, and grains mix together in a perfect bowl of awesome. I hate that this only comes in small boxes, because it's always gone too quickly at my house.

1. Frosted Shredded Wheat

Generic or name brand, this is the tops for me. I love the mix of sweetness and the crunch. We buy the big boxes of this stuff at Costco and it still doesn't last.

What are your 3 favorites?

I don't know the name of my favorite-I thought it was Crispix but I looked that up and it's wrong.

It's in a blue box and the cereal itself is in the shape of open squares and it's sweet. I like ti because it looks like cat food.

I also eat shredded wheat almost every morning with cottage cheese and fruits. I like it because COLON and because it looks like roofing material.

I also like meusli.

I think it's probably been 5 years since I've had cereal. I don't really have a favorite, but there's a decent list of stuff I'd be down for once every few months or so lol

Honey Nut Cheerios

Captain Crunch (Peanut Butter)

Frosted Flakes with even more sugar.

Lucky Charms

AppleJacks

Fruit Loops

Raisin Bran - an underdog in this category. I do really like this.

Fruity Pebbles

I guess after reflecting I would say that Honey Nut Cheerios and Raisin Bran are my favorite, and then I'd rotate the super sugary stuff in the third spot.

On the rare occasions I have cereal, I like the boring ones like Cheerios, Shredded Wheat, etc.

But my favorites have always been Froot Loops (LOVE that bird), Lucky Charms (yes, despite the gross chalkiness of the marshmallows), and Sugar (now Honey) Smacks, cuz they remind me of my grandma and her brave sugar smuggling ring against my uptight parents. She hid them behind the booze, but all the kids knew where they were.

:eek:

I also admittedly applaud Pong's grandma. My mother-in-law was super uptight about my husband having sugary cereal, too. I let Quinn get away with it because I grew up on goodness like Froot Loops and Cocoa Puffs. Although, when I eat some of those now, they don't taste as good. I don't know if that's growing up or if they actually changed the formula. Froot Loops and Cocoa Puffs probably taste the closest, but WTF happened to Cocoa Pebbles and Trix? They taste like garbage.

Quinn's favorites

Cheerios

Envirokidz Corn Puffs Gorilla Munch (affectionately known as Monkey Treats in our house, but really just Corn Pops. Cascadian Organic also makes a version that we can get in bulk at Costco, but we still tell her they're Monkey Treats)

Kashi Cinnamon Harvest/Autumn Harvest (she always wants mine, and I get pissed because I want it myself)

Guess which one has the least amount of sugar? The freaking Cherrios. I know why she really wants my cereal.

Awww thanks, Cerina and Destiny, I know she'd appreciate your applauding :D

For some context: I'd like to point out that she didn't only feed us sugar. It's not like she was one of those perverse grandparents I hear about who find it hilarious to fill the kids up with candy bars and soda pop right before the parents come and pick them up. She just didn't think it was a big deal if we had a bowl of Froot Loops while watching Saturday Morning Cartoons before sending us out for the day (motly unsupervised lol). She was a professional cake/candy maker (her peanut butter cups would make you cry with happiness), and understood that allowing a kid a piece of candy after finishing homework, or a bowl of sugar cereal on a weekend morning wasn't going to give them insta-cancer, diabetes, or obesity.

Ofc, letting kids have a bowl of sugar cereal, or a piece of chocolate candy was tantamount to slow murder in the eyes of the burgeoning post-hippy, granola-snorting health food movement of the day, so there was definitely some culture/generation clashing going on.

On those rare days I have dry cereal these days, I usually go with mini frosted mini wheat of some kind, either raspberry filled or chocolate. I also eat it dry, which I know makes me strange.

A theater in town had a Marvel cartoon show over the summer and had free sugary cereal with it. I enjoyed the mixture of Reese's Puffs and Cocoa Puffs.

I have a weakness for all flavors of Frosted Mini Wheats which i too will snack on dry. Raisin Bran - the Post one. And lastly Honey Combs. They have a strawberry flavored Honey Comb that is awesome.

In an effort to help my heart I have converted to oatmeal in the morning. It is so hard to make non-gummy like oatmeal.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.