What is the deal with all these hot huntresses?

Pong Messiah

Not really, the fish wouldn't tell us where the money was. We did get to see what it ate without killing it, a secondary goal.

I agree, I don't see the appeal of shooting any mammal predator for sport. I shoot things to eat, and like you said, they're greasy. Also, bears, coyotes, etc. are pretty smart. I don't like to shoot things that are smart. I've seen many animals play, and it really changed my perspective. It's hard for me to guess what love might feel like for an animal, but I've seen some pretty strong stuff in something as lowly as a goose. So killing animals that play, love, etc. at the very least gives me pause. Elephants, whales, etc. are smart and probably feel things comparable to what we feel.

I spent 6 hours a day for a few weeks observing waterfowl behavior. Ducks are kind of ****ty and the males tend to be rapey, but geese and especially cranes exhibited behaviors I personally related to. I actually haven't shot a goose since. In the spring, the cranes danced in the fields to reaffirm their life long pair bond, much like a man bringing his wife flowers. It's kind of heavy stuff to see without commentary or outside distraction.

I'm a bit of a softy though, and I'm not always immune to a case of the feelings. However, I will snap an invasive species' head off without hesitation/remorse, so again....gray areas, contradictions, and hypocrisy abounds.

Guest El Chalupacabra

are you being serious or sarcastic? i never watched that show

While I have no interest in hunting personally, as long as the animal doesn't go to waste (i.e. you use as much of it as possible to feed and clothe people), I don't have any moral problem with it.

If you eat meat, it comes off as hypocritical to me to hate on hunting. I just don't understand how it's OK to force a cow to live on a farm its whole life, manage every aspect of its limited existence, and kill it when it's big enough.... but oh man, if you feed yourself or others by giving a quick, clean death* to an animal that has lived a good life, you're some kinda toothless cretin worth nothing but scorn and I hope you die.

Now if you are vegetarian for moral reasons and hate hunters, I can accept that. At least it comes off as having stemmed from an honest concern for animals, not just an excuse to spew on those who aren't like you with so much puffed-up bull**** moral outrage.

*way faster and likely less terrifying than getting torn to shreds by a pack of hungry cats when the animal gets too old or sick to run!

Lame joke on my part.

But seriously speaking, I view hunting similar to you. I don't hunt personally, but support responsible hunting.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.