Bethesda having press conference at E3 2015!

Odine

You mean they're going to announce a game with no cohesive story but a world so big with so many tasks that you have to buy their guidebooks (for the same cost as the game) to finish them? ;)

Well that's what the internet is for.

If they do this whole thing and then NOT show fallout 4, I'm pretty sure it will be the greatest gaming troll of all time.

Totally expecting it though. Show that and Dishonored 2 and I'll be happy.

All Bethesda's games have a solid narrative, Driver, they're just not linear. Gotta do heaps of shit to put the whole story together.

But I accept your winkey face and soft jibe at the greatest game developer of all time with a pinch of salt. What?

I am admittedly a button-masher that plays games for narrative content, and I don't like spending more than a week or so on a game or I start feeling like a loser. Games are like movies or TV shows or books to me-- I like them to be self contained narratives that you can experience and hopefully enjoy when they end.

The winky smiley is cause I know Bathesda makes amazing games, their way of doing it though isn't what I find enjoyable. I don't care about achievements or completion ratings or having to work to experience the story. That's just me.

Played the original fallout on pc back in 97 and every other fallout title since. Fallout 3 and Vegas were a little clunky as it was the first attempts really at turning dice rolling isometric turn based combat into first person and 3rd person. Im sure fallout 4 will be next level shit. Itll be Mad Max meets The Road meets Cyberpunk meets Red Dead Redemption. Hopefully they bring back some of the humor of the originals.. Fallout 3 and New Vegas lacked in that department.

The Bethsoft versions of Fallout play like their Elder Scrolls games, but in a post-apocalyptic sci-fi setting for Earth. Less smooth as Skyrim, more clunky like Oblivion. The original Fallouts played very differently, but better being subjective of course.

bearing in mind Skyrim came out after both Fallouts Bethesda did, so learned from the mistakes and clunkiness.

Played the original fallout on pc back in 97 and every other fallout title since. Fallout 3 and Vegas were a little clunky as it was the first attempts really at turning dice rolling isometric turn based combat into first person and 3rd person. Im sure fallout 4 will be next level ****. Itll be Mad Max meets The Road meets Cyberpunk meets Red Dead Redemption. Hopefully they bring back some of the humor of the originals.. Fallout 3 and New Vegas lacked in that department.

Wow, you have high hopes!

Fallout 2 remains my favorite video game of all time (some of the dialogue options and reactions were literally roll-on-the-floor hilarious), but I enjoyed both Bethesda releases, and thought New Vegas was definitely a step up, especially with the number of non-combat perks and Hardcore Mode, which felt like they were trying to acknowledge the preference of the series' long-time fans. I'm not sure how close in the middle they can meet, though. They are very different games, just played in the same world.

What I'd really like to see is more freedom in how you complete the game. You could assault, assassinate, swindle, charm, sneak, or **** your way to victory in the first two games (iirc, you could make it to the end of the first Fallout without killing a single person... then if you were smart/charming enough, convince the big baddie to kill his miserable self), and while I loved soaking in the more expansive environment of 3 and NV, it really was strongly geared toward action/combat. I'd really like to enjoy a lush environment without feeling the need to kill half of what is in my path.

Of course, in the end, I'll settle for pimps yelling at me not to take dumps on their prostitutes or being able to murder children again.

Yeah I do have high hopes... but I wont be too disappointed if they are not met. As far as Bethesda goes each game they put out seems to be an improvement on the game just released before. They keep getting better. (aside from little quibbles people have that are taste matters). So yeah I hope fallout 4 is to the series what Skyrim was to the elder scrolls. But on the Next Gen level.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Williamwap

It does look pretty fun. I wasnt really listening, but what was with the four Solid Snakes at the end of that video? Is it coop?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.