District 9 Guy Doing New Alien Movie

Pong Messiah

I hate it when this happens. ONE blog reports a theory, and everyone runs with it like it was news. All he said was Ripley needs a "proper finish" and some of the concept art is obvious Aliens-esque. Everyone is assuming that his mens it must ignore 3 and 4, which by no means does it. The alien universe is full o clones, genetic engineering and super science, there's more than one way to get Hicks there if the CONCEPT art ends up coming true.

The quote that is causing people to think that it will disregard 3 and 4 isn't the concept art or the 'proper finish' comment. It's this quote: "as the director says he's designing the film to sit in sequence after Aliens".

Whether or not that comes to actually pass, who knows. The details are next to nothing at this point and the headlines are certainly taking some creative liberties with it.

Even if it slots in after Aliens, 3 and Resurrection could still happen in that scenario, though I don't see how.

And here's where he clarifies that undoing 3 and 4 are not his plan:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/331657-neil-blomkamp-suggests-alien-5-will-not-rewrite-franchise-continuity#/slide/1

He could still do a post Aliens movie-- the universe isn't any different during 3. Whose to say that the Ripley clone in 4 is the first time somebody did that. The company could have cloned her too earlier.

Queen laid it before the fight.

I will agree-- this did always bug me since she broke free of the egg laying abdominal thinger, and the face hugger seemed to implant two embryos which was off from what was established.

But neither of these destroyed the movie for me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.