District 9 Guy Doing New Alien Movie

Pong Messiah

Guest El Chalupacabra

I wasn't really impressed with District 9 OR Elysium. Eh.

The FX on the movies were cool. District 9 was an average, alright story. Elysium's plot was blah.

If they get a decent writer for the alien movie, it may end up being an ok movie.

Look at it this way, after AVP 2, there is only one place to go: up.

Hicks is in the concept art. I wonder if they're gonna just pretend A3 and Resurrection never happened and pick up after Aliens?

I'm in the minority -- I enjoyed A3 for what it was (even before the Assembly Cut), and actually -- yes, I'm not ashamed to admit this -- kinda loved Resurrection until the obligatory final 15-20 minutes crapped all over my experience. That being said, I would totally be cool picking up with Ripley and Hicks years after the Sulaco safely returns to Earth.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I have to agree with you Pong, those two films are judged pretty harshly.

I have to admit when I first saw the original theatrical cut of Alien 3 back in 1993(?), I wasn't a fan. But it has since grown on me to where I can say I am a fan of it, and the re-edit just makes that much a stronger film.

Alien Resurrection was almost Firefly-ish (no doubt due to Joss Whedon's involvement), and I thought it was a pretty descent flick, save for the last 15 minutes of the film.

I WANT this to be great, so I'll stay optimistic. Elysium and District 9 were fine. Not great but they were fine. The visual effects in them were fantastic though. Blomkamp is clearly an Alien fan who has sci-fi chops. You could certainly pick a worse guy than him to try and bring this thing back to relevance.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I have zero shame saying I love all four Alien movies, even 3. I don't count AVP 1 and 2, or Prometheus.

I actually liked Prometheus (I actually WANT to see the sequel), and a lesser extent, AVP1 (it wasn't the best, but I thought it pretty entertaining).

...AND I actually really liked Predators, and would go as far as to say it was at least as good as the original.

It was AVP2 that I actually was upset over.

I'm with everybody that says Resurrection was good until the ending. It has a really cool vibe and I love how creepy Ripley is in it. It just works for me as a movie.

I think the problem most people have with it is it doesn't feel like the first two movies. For me that's a good thing.

I didn't really like Resurrection the first time I saw it because the feel was so different. I've since warmed up to it, though it is still my least favorite of those four.

I've liked District 9 and Elysium (which I finally just got around to seeing) and think that Blomkamp can do a good job with this.

Hopefully, he at least won't alienate any fans with it.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I think the problem most people have with it is it doesn't feel like the first two movies. For me that's a good thing.

I agree, and actually I think each of the 4 films have their own vibe and theme.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Could my dream come true based o nc the artwork I have seen? Could FOX be canceling out Alien 3 which had promise but productive issues and story changes doomed it. Alien Resurrection was just flat out dumb.

If Hicks is alive and they make it to earth there is hope.

Well, I think that concepts are just that, so it doesn't necessarily mean he'll be back, though I do like Michael Beihn as an actor.

While I would love to see Hicks return, simply ignoring Alien 3&4 isn't the way to do it, IMHO. But the only other way to bring back Hicks would be Clone of Hicks, and I am not sure I like that any better!

The poor guy can't get a break and keeps having his characters killed in such a way so that he can't return in the sequel!

Guest El Chalupacabra

Yeah, which is why Clone of Hicks would be redundant, IMHO.

I suppose they could explain it away by saying he was infested with an alien, too, so Weyland wanted to clone him like they did with Ripley, but that seems to retconny.

Yeah, which is why Clone of Hicks would be redundant, IMHO.

I suppose they could explain it away by saying he was infested with an alien, too, so Weyland wanted to clone him like they did with Ripley, but that seems to retconny.

Or they clone him and Newt to get to Ripley

THE ****ing COMPANY MAN

wait, there is no company where Ripley is now

Alien 3 is boring as hell and the killing off of two main characters off screen at the start feels like a slap in the face to fans of Aliens.
Resurrection is way too campy, super Ripley sucks.
AVP & AVP2 are equally awful.
Prometheus is a mess.

I hope they Superman Returns it and continue on from 2. Hicks, Ripley and Newt are older and pulled back into action. Blomkamp is obviously a massive fan so I have faith in him to stay true to the series' roots.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.