Why I Hate Wolverine

Yeah, well, the return of Prof X is about 6 months away I suppose. And the return of Logan. I knew all this mashing together of universes would mean BIG changes... Marvel style. I e, bringing back two old characters who have been "dead" for a few months each.

Deadpool might not be dark, but he sure as hell is gritty. And a just a bit unstable. Wonder how long Wade will stay dead? Oh yeah, all the universes just got mashed together so he´s kinda not dead. Only thing surprising me is that Adam Warlock is actually pretty much alive when the crossover begins, he usually starts out dead and is brought back to give Thanos someone to talk to.

Well, Deadpool can't really die. Along with his crazy good healing factor, Death won't take him, either. Not sure if that was retconned or not. One of the X comics had him still alive 1000 years in the future after he was locked away and forgotten! Sure, his comic is violent but it's always over the top and humorous. ;D

The 6 month thing is probably true for Prox X and Wolvie since Marvel has their big Secret Wars event coming up. It's rumored that this will be Marvel's version of DC's Crisis. There's been a lot of build up to it in the Avengers titles. It will either be a great time to be a Marvel fan or the worst!

• 2 weeks later...

Everything about Wade is retconned all the time. Including if he really is Wade or not. Pretty sure he answered that with "That depends which writer is in charge at the moment" at one time.

The new Secret Wars is what I was referring to yeah. Loved all of the buildup, to be it´s been the most exciting storyline since Annihilation... but after the reveal of Rabum Alal I´m not so sure anymore. I´m hoping for a curveball there instead of the usual time travel that made me skip the X-Men years ago. Just hoping that they won´t just use it to bring all the usual suspects back in their usual roles.

Then again, I hated "Original sins" until the end of it actually made sense and salvaged it all. And laughed myself silly at Punisher just going "I can´t see the problem" when the motive for all the murders was told. And Rocket´s "I don´t know who you people are but I hate all of you".

Deadpool's retcons are okay, as he is sort of "outside" of comics. That is, he knows that he's in one. She-Hulk knows (knew?) this, too, as well as Animal Man over at DC. That and writers are always retconning things later into characters histories for the sake of whatever story they have planned. Granted, this isn't always a good thing! Sins Past, anyone? Bleah!

I can't wait to see how SW turns out, there's been so much build up and crazy stuff happening in the Avengers titles. I liked the Rabum reveal, c'mon, it's Doom! Who better to save the universe? ;)

And you know, I was thinking for a while that both Marvel and DC had some kind of crossover planned together for this summer that they were keeping under wraps. Marvel has Secret Wars, DC has Convergence, both of them deal with their respective multiverses...but I can only dream!

I'm feeling like after Secret Wars instead of the 616 and the Ultimate Universes, we're going to have a Marvel Universe where the Inhumans take over the roll of Mutants as the outsiders, and it will begin to resemble the MCU more and more.

And a second universe will be where the X-Men, Deadpool, and Fantastic Four will live.. and they will oddly not get a lot of marketing or press for the near future.

Yeah, I'm not really feeling Marvel's Inhumans push they have been doing lately. I mean, they even have an Uncanny Inhuman title coming out after SW with the tagline "Hope you survive the experience!" on the cover! Argh, stop it, Marvel! Inhumans are not going to replace the X-Men!

Inhumans have always been a low point in Marvel history. Apart from Black Bolt and possibly Maximus, they´re simply all boring and/or have incredibly silly powers. The only interesting thing to come out of there in what, 40 years, finally happened with Thane just a year ago.

Removing more and more of the cosmic entities is also a bad move IMO. I don´t really care about the FF anymore, but sealing off Galactus in another universe? Nooooooooooo!

And I still can´t get over Doom as Rabum Alal. I was really looking forward to a new extreme level villian/cosmic threat and the buildup was great. Guess I should have seen it coming with Beyonder(s), Molecule Man and Doom on board and a new Secret War and Battleworld on the way.

Marvel has either ignored the ending of Cataclysm or I missed the book where they sort of undid it, but Galactus has been popping up in a few books recently, though they are probably the books least connected to everything else: Silver Surfer and Squirrel-Girl. In addition to roaming space again, he seems to be back at his usual non-merged with Gah Lak Tus self.

Marvel has either ignored the ending of Cataclysm or I missed the book where they sort of undid it, but Galactus has been popping up in a few books recently, though they are probably the books least connected to everything else: Silver Surfer and Squirrel-Girl. In addition to roaming space again, he seems to be back at his usual non-merged with Gah Lak Tus self.

I've been wondering that as I don't read either of those titles. When did Galactus come back from the Ultimate verse? Shouldn't UThor have come with him, then?

I flipped through a Squirrel Girl issue before, wasn't sure what to make of it since it seems overly silly. It felt more like reading an issue of What The?! :|

I think the last time I saw the big guy he was comatose in the negative zone in "Invaders" or "New Invaders" or what the heck it´s called. Which didn´t make much sense since there are a bunch of holes betwen there and 616 that just about everyone has been able to use.

Guest El Chalupacabra

That reminds me-- Silver Surfer has been amazing. Marvel needs more books like it an Ms. Marvel-- fun adventures that while in the Marvel U tell their on contained stories.

It's unfortunate that Marvel doesn't own the cinematic rights to Silver Surfer, because I would love to see a surfer movie based not in the FF universe, but spun off from the GOG films.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.