Texas Senator Thinks The United Nations Is Trying To Conquer The Alamo

Ms. Spam

Texas Senator Thinks The United Nations Is Trying To Conquer The Alamo

http://www.sacurrent.com/Blogs/archives/2015/02/14/texas-senator-thinks-the-united-nations-is-trying-to-conquer-the-alamo

From the S.A. Current - a local paper

Remember that time all those blue-helmeted soldiers from the United Nations showed up at Alamo Plaza in a show of aggression?

We don't either.

Nonetheless, Senator Donna Campbell, a conservative from New Braunfels, is doing everything in her power to stop this scenario from ever happening. So, naturally, she filed what may be the dumbest proposed bill the Texas Legislature hopefully won't consider this year.

Here's the sentence that could protect the Alamo from the United Nations.

"The land office may not enter into an agreement that vests any ownership, control, or management of the Alamo complex in an entity formed under the laws of another country," the bill states.

This doofy ditz who got elected wants to stop the Alamo from becoming a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

The last sentence above is not in the article. Our posting editor did that. And I can't fix it.

I think we have elected some really special people to lead us. First we have the Minnesota guy who wants to ban yoga pants (I maybe fixated on this) and now because the UNESCO is being courted for the San Antonio Missions (not the baseball team) to help keep it going people are going nutz.

Well, being a UNESCO World Heritage Site does not vest any "ownership, control, or management" to an entity "formed under the laws of another country." It just means being on a list of sites the UN considers to be culturally important, that's all. So the bill could pass and the Alamo could still be put on the list.

LOL, Texans can't even ban what they're trying to in the bill. My goodness are Texans dumb.

There are a lot of states out there with "Facepalm" type stupidity but I thought I would highlight one for Texas because sometimes we need to see just how dumb we can get. You'd think someone would have brought that up during the crafting of the bill, CM. The Alamo is falling into a bit of a state lately and the women's group that runs the Alamo - The Daughters of the Texas Republic - have not been really good at this. But then what good is the UN or even UNESCO's label?

In other news, Phil Collins donated a bunch of Alamo relics to the Alamo recently. Stuff he's collected throughout the years. So there are rockers out there that respect the Alamo and don't pee on it.

You think Texas is bad? Some of the things that places like Vermont, Hawaii, and California have introduced (or even implemented) would cause you to backtrack and say, "Y'know what? Turns out they're alright. Get a load of these lunatics...."

I mean, there was some nut-job in the Massachusetts state legislature who introduced a bill that would prevent law enforcement officers throughout the state from swearing, because "it would present a less aggressive image." Yeah, can you imagine trying to tell cops in Boston that they can't use four letter words anymore? I'd say that would eliminate about 90% of all verbal communication within that department.

What PeacefulMindedJedi is saying.

Some goof in the South Carolina senate has referred to women as "lesser cuts of meat." Since they came from Adam's rib and all. If you ask me, where the blame and focus really needs to be is on the people electing stupid jackass politicians. They wouldn't be there if sufficient numbers of idiots weren't on hand to vote them in.

You think Texas is bad? Some of the things that places like Vermont, Hawaii, and California have introduced (or even implemented) would cause you to backtrack and say, "Y'know what? Turns out they're alright. Get a load of these lunatics...."

Examples?

The one, unlinked example you give from MA is not nearly as stupid, sorry.

I mean, there was some nut-job in the Massachusetts state legislature who introduced a bill that would prevent law enforcement officers throughout the state from swearing, because "it would present a less aggressive image." Yeah, can you imagine trying to tell cops in Boston that they can't use four letter words anymore? I'd say that would eliminate about 90% of all verbal communication within that department.

lol I think they use curse words in place of punctuation.

Examples?

The one, unlinked example you give from MA is not nearly as stupid, sorry.

Oklahoma is trying to ban the AP History class/exam for being anti-American. That has to count for something.

I never claimed that dumb ideas only come from Texas. Yes, there are people that live in the category of what I call the "stupid states" that come up with pretty retarded sh-t, your example being one, LK's from SC being the other.

That being said, your example still isn't in the same world as this bill. It's misguided, sure. Based upon an alarming anti-educational streak? You bet. But at least it knows what it's trying to do.

The TX bill is on a whole different level. Here we have someone, who upon merely seeing the letters "U" and "N," immediately concocts this conspiracy theory-esque, Black Helicopter style myth without even taking just 15 seconds to Wiki the World Heritage List to see what it is. I mean, we're talking about someone who is literally creating fantasy versions of the world in their mind because they are delusional and crazy. It's RevRoswell level sh-t. Whole different ballgame.

And another funny one from Texas:

Texas Rep. Debbie Little Wants To Put Trans People In Jail For Using The Restroom

http://www.sacurrent.com/Blogs/archives/2015/02/24/texas-rep-debbie-little-wants-to-put-trans-people-in-jail-for-using-the-restroom

The Texas state Representative who came up with the term "terror babies" during an Anderson Cooper interview has filed a bill that would make it a criminal offense for a woman to enter a male restroom.

The proposal, a creation of Debbie Riddle, R-Tomball, admittedly, aims to restrict transgender persons from using the restroom that coincides with their gender identity.

This from the same lady who railed against "terror babies" to Anderson Cooper.

Tomball is a serious hick town. Despite all its growth in the past few years, it's still largely populated by the lowest of the low white trash. So I can't say I'm surprised.

This is just a knee-jerk reaction to Houston's anti-discrimination ordinance. There were a lot of people (still are, I guess) that were all scared of "men" being in the women's restroom. Well, it's been a year now and I haven't seen any major trans-bathroom related incidents hit the news. Maybe we're in the clear. Whew!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.