Marvel and Sony to Share Spider-Man!

Darth Lohr

True there is no need to retell. Just like there was never a need to recast so soon the first time. That's part of the reason the Amazing Spider-Man movies didn't do well. That and that first one was meh.....

I just hope this has been in the works for a while. Marvel has adjusted their schedule to accommodate Spidey. You just know though that the next announcement will be from Fox, if FF does well,that there will be an X-Men FF crossover.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/news/spider-man-10-recommendations-successful-reboot-050048660.html

There are some good thoughts in there. Especially lightening the tone of the movies. I thought ASP2 did a better job, but we all knew where they were going in the end of the movie. I think they should take The Incredible Hulk approach. Though Marvel recast the roles, the events of the Ang Lee movie still took place. It was a continuation of a story and not a reboot.

In all honesty, I went was anti The Amazing Spider-man as soon as it was announced - the reboot so soon after Raimi's films just wound me up. Really unnecessary - just greed by Sony.

After all the recent news, I finally watched the most recent film for the first time and didn't think it was as bad as I feared. Way too many characters - cut that down and it might have been a more popular film. Garfield is fine, no issues with him if they had wanted to continue with him in the MCU.

But it seems certain we'll have yet another actor in the role, which is a real shame.

I keep hearing Sony had to do the reboot to keep the rights but that seems off to me. They'd done 3 SM movies within the span of 6-7 years. Seems like that would satisfiy some kind of minimum requirement for at least a decade. Batman had a longer gap after their run of movies starting in 1989. So I dunno.

I don't know that anyone knows the specifics of the contracts.

But since Batman is owned by the company putting out the movies, I don't understand that comparison.

The specifics are unknown, but Sony and Fox have to keep using their licenses to keep them-- not sure what the exact deadline is, but it's a thing.

And yeah, DC and WB are both part of AOL Time Warner so they don't have to worry about these things.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.