Cultural Sensitivity Kills Little Girl

Pong Messiah

A Little Girl Died Because Canada Chose Cultural Sensitivity Over Western Medicine

Religion on one side, inaction due to fear of offending people's sensibilities on the other. Pretty disturbing read.
I hate superstition; I hate the perpetuation of lies or harm in the name of political correctness. I also hate the state or dominant culture telling parents they have to raise their kids a certain way... but given that inaction has and will lead to death, I'll make an exception (once again) in this case.

I think an adult has the right to die for their faith. A child should be given every opportunity to grow up in order to make their own decisions in regards to faith. I believe that people who use faith to turn away modern medicine are tempting God which is something, if a Bible based faith, says you should not do. As such I think it can be logically concluded, by their own beliefs, that these people are at least 'tards if not wicked for allowing their child to die.

I think an adult has the right to die for their faith. A child should be given every opportunity to grow up in order to make their own decisions in regards to faith

Yes for sure to this. If somebody is 6 years old, others have a responsibility to make the right decisions for them (even if those decisions are wrong)... if you are 26 or 36... well, not so much.

I was wondering what the survival rate of childhood leukemia is but apparently it's rather treatable, and can be up to 80% or something depending on the severity of the cancer.

If treatment was only gonna subject the kid to a temporarily prolonged existance of chemo induced nausea and pain then Id be on the parents side, regardless of their supersticious beliefs. Let the kid live a shorter happier life till they die.

But since not only leukemia survival is possible, and being CURED of leukemia is too.. I'm gonna agree that these parents are dicks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.