Better Call Saul

Rogue 3

I really enjoy this show. It's got a similar style but different pace to BB.

With that said, I can't imagine a single viewer being someone who wasn't a BB fan - because I would have to think this would be a 'meh' show if you don't know who Saul & Mike are and what is coming down the road.

Would love to see how a new viewer feels about this show.

Personally, I'm hooked though - especially after this Mike episode, per Seth above, I have been wanting that background for a long time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just finished watching this. The reveal with Chuck was a shocker. I really felt for Jimmy at the end of that episode.

Only thing that really bugged me was why he did a U Turn at the end and didn't go for his big break. I really thought he deserved some happiness. I'd also like to see him part of a big law firm and watch him degrade from there. That would have been an interesting start point for next season.

On the whole though I really enjoyed the show. I was surprised by the number of Breaking Bad references I missed though. I didn't know the nail parlour where jimmy lived was the same one he tried to sell to Jesse as a money laundering front. Or that it's on the same road as where Gabe lived (and died).

• 6 years later...

Well!  The 6th and final season is now confirmed as starting on 18th April. 13 episodes, split into 2 parts. 

I can’t wait - this show has been absolutely superb and I’m enjoying a rewatch from the start in prep. 11 episodes in 3 days! Fantastic stuff.

Hope there are some other fans out there. This thread didn’t quite get going, but it’s back for the finish! 

17 hours ago, R.CAllen said:

Oh no! I gotta hope there’ll be a spin-off to the spin-off. Something Kim-centric, maybe!? Well, in any case, I’m looking forward to what’s left of the show.

I love this show, but still haven't seen the last season.  Usually the last season goes to Netflix a little bit before a new season premieres.  Hopefully this is the case!

2 hours ago, Hobbes said:

I love this show, but still haven't seen the last season.  Usually the last season goes to Netflix a little bit before a new season premieres.  Hopefully this is the case!

Oh it’s a very strong season! Hope you get to see it soon.

Here in the UK they all drop straight to Netflix, which is very fortunate. Beats the old days of having to get dodgy downloads during the time Breaking Bad was on! 

• 2 months later...
On 2/10/2022 at 11:33 PM, Rogue 3 said:

Well!  The 6th and final season is now confirmed as starting on 18th April. 13 episodes, split into 2 parts. 

I can’t wait - this show has been absolutely superb and I’m enjoying a rewatch from the start in prep. 11 episodes in 3 days! Fantastic stuff.

Hope there are some other fans out there. This thread didn’t quite get going, but it’s back for the finish! 

Finished my rewatch of Better Call Saul (superb!), then felt only right to dive straight into a rewatch of Breaking Bad (immense!) and tonight finished it all off with El Camino! Very nice way to wrap things up for Jessie!

So in summary, I am ready for this final series to start! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched all previous and am now caught up. 

SPOILERS

I was really hoping Nacho was going to get out. But that ending tracked. Is that shack out there in the desert the same place Tuco takes Jesse and Walter, which is the first time Hector appears on BB?

We know Jimmy gets through this unscathed, same with Gus and Mike…. Predictions for everyone else? 

Ignacio— wanted him to get our, but alas noT meant to be.

Lalo— feel like he has to be dropped too since he’s not in BB and all the other Salamancas are. I’m feeling like Mike will get him, but not after some damage is done.

Howard— The guy is a tool and was a dick to both Kim and Jimmy… but he’s kind of pathetic and I don’t know he deserves what they are doing to him. I feel like his new obsession with stopping Jimmy is going to lead to him imploding himself.

Kim— probably the biggest question mark from the beginning. It’s an obvious out to kill her off, given that Jimmy loves her so much and she’s not around during BB… or is she and we just don’t see her? Did she get a new identity as well, did they have to separate? Maybe. My actual prediction— she takes the heat for the shit she and Jimmy are pulling and ends up going to prison. She’ll show up having been released in present day to confront “Gene.”

no matter what, Michael Mando, Tony Dalton, and Rhea Seehorn all deserve top billing in whatever they do next.

Agreed - they have all been superb. I feel one of those names mentioned will somehow survive to the Gene era (post BB).  They surely have to expand on those scenes at some point, presumably in the second half of this 16 episode run.

Does he get a happy ending? Does he deserve it? Can’t wait to find out!

Not sure if this is true, but I heard the last 2 episodes will be present day, Gene-time. That’s a lot of story time, I suppose Lalo could also be imprisoned during BB and comes after Saul when he gets out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.