Elder Scrolls Online: Console Tamriel Unlimited

Odine

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ****ing excited.

I know the initial release on PC fell short... But MMOS are evolving things and I reckon this game is gonna be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet on PS4.

Firstly, they have been changing combat animations and combat mechanics themselves to be more like Skyrim. Check. awesome.

Second they've added the justice system in which you can now commit crimes, pickpocket steal and assassinate NPCs as you see fit. If you get caught guards will hunt you just like Skyrim.

Third, I'm pretty sure they've added an entire crime skill tree, so you can play a career criminal if you wish.

Fourth. It's an ELDER SCROLLS game. Sick. I can't wait.

Fifth and perhaps the best! They have cancelled the subscription fees, so it's a one payment only game UNLESS you wish to have an ESO plus account in which you can get cool cosmetic and personalisation things for your characters, but it's not Pay to win. You can't get anything by spending real money that you can't get in game ordinarily.

Sixth it's coming out in June and there are not too many releases in June.

Seventh did I mention it's elder scrolls and it's on console and it's constant? And that there is far more content now than there was at the initial release?

WELL! Gee whiz I know I'm gonna be working on my playstation tan this summer. Go away sunlight!!

it's not Pay to win. You can't get anything by spending real money that you can't get in game ordinarily.

The article I read said you get monthly gold and an XP buff (things non-ESO+ ppl don't get). It may not be the kind of extreme bonus you see in some P2W games where you can't even realistically compete with other people if you don't spend money, but it's definitely a perk. Maybe it could be accurately described as a pay-to-not-grind-so-much bonus?

There has been such a negative vibe over ESO, it just kinda brings me down... but on the other hand, it's been something of a relief, as I'm scared of getting hooked and wasting months of my life in Tamriel. Unlike many of my friends, I managed to avoid WoW, because I find it garish and the voice acting annoys the crap out of me... but I have to admit, was kind of excited when ESO was announced.

Totally...there has been a huge negative vibe around ESO. But I'm still hugely optimistic.

PC players are largely whiney gimps (generalisation) and will complain like it's the end of the world at the smallest problems. Up until now PC players have been the only voice really in the ESO dialogue.

MMOs evolve, and what we are getting now on console is far removed from what people got on the initial release.

Didn't know there were XP buffs... I'm hoping that it'll be minuscule, or buffs that don't make subscribers unfairly advantaged.

PC players are largely whiney gimps (generalisation) and will complain like it's the end of the world at the smallest problems. Up until now PC players have been the only voice really in the ESO dialogue.

Yeah, true to that. Myself included!

MMOs evolve, and what we are getting now on console is far removed from what people got on the initial release.

I'm hoping for this. For me, the Elder Scrolls games (at their best) have always been more about exploring, freedom, character building, fetch-it quests with clever twists, and a narrative that comes with *lots* of backstory. So far, it just looks like a less visually/auditorily annoying WoW with less PvP -- not terrible, but not exactly awe-inspiring, either.

Didn't know there were XP buffs... I'm hoping that it'll be minuscule, or buffs that don't make subscribers unfairly advantaged.

I think "unfairly" is the key word in that sentence. Philosophically, I have little problem with offering perks to players who go above and beyond to support a game, especially since it's a one-time purchase at the moment. But from a practical standpoint, it often gets out of hand. Keeping the bonuses reasonable (i.e. neat aesthetic and small, tactical advantages = OK; making subscribers "Gods amongst mortals" = bad) is important. I think keeping bonuses on a subscription level, rather than offering stackable micro-transactions can go a long way toward keeping things reasonable.

I like how DC Online does it. If you buy a DLC you then have perma access to it, otherwise you have to subscribe to access new zones/powers whatever... which isn't so horrible as the base game is substantial. Subcribers get more character spots for alts, but those are also seperately purchasable. There are three server queues as well; one for subscribers, one for non-subscribers but those that have purchased some dlc and then freebie access. The waits never seem more than a couple minutes even for freebies. So there are perks, but you never feel slighted for not paying in.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.