Anti-Vaxxers Ruin Disneyland

Pong Messiah

Disneyland is just another theme park, and that part was Pong's worst attempt at trolling to date. I'm guessing because he couldn't even pretend to support the anti-vaxxer crowd.

Agreed on both counts.

That was my main issue with the post- not so much the content (although the content was banal), but just the terrible attempt at trolling. As I said, it comes off as simply trying too hard- not enough subtlety, not enough wit.

Sorry Pong, but your latest effort is getting universally bad reviews. It's sorta like the film Superman IV: The Quest for Peace. At first glance, on a superficial level it looks like it could be in the same class as the earlier films- after all, it has some of the same actors and characters, right? Upon actually watching the thing though, no one would ever confuse it for the first film. Just absolutely f-cking terrible.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I don't know what's up with all the Disneyland hate, either. The real issue is the morons who refuse to vaccinate their kids or themselves. That is not only idiotic and superstitious, but effing selfish and irresponsible.

Disney World is amazing. I went as a child and as an adult. Loved it each time. I think you get something different out of it every time you go.

I've never been to Disneyland though. I hear it's a completely different experience.

I'm going to Disneyland for the first time in April. It's gonna be interesting to compare and contrast. I'll probably thumb my nose at that puny castle.

I've never been to Disneyland, don't care to one way or another. I don't really like theme parks or rides, and large crowds of people do my head in. That said, I found Pong's Disneyland trolling kinda humorous. I don't get why people are so hurt.

I've never been to Disneyland, don't care to one way or another. I don't really like theme parks or rides, and large crowds of people do my head in. That said, I found Pong's Disneyland trolling kinda humorous. I don't get why people are so hurt.

Because it's like sitting down to read Hemingway and instead being tricked into reading Twilight.

Pong is way better than that.

Agreed on both counts.

That was my main issue with the post- not so much the content (although the content was banal), but just the terrible attempt at trolling. As I said, it comes off as simply trying too hard- not enough subtlety, not enough wit.

Sorry Pong, but your latest effort is getting universally bad reviews. It's sorta like the film Superman IV: The Quest for Peace. At first glance, on a superficial level it looks like it could be in the same class as the earlier films- after all, it has some of the same actors and characters, right? Upon actually watching the thing though, no one would ever confuse it for the first film. Just absolutely f-cking terrible.

Perhaps I've lost a step, or even lost my way entirely. Is it arrogance over past success? The mitten and beverage endorsements going to my head? A hubristic belief that I can coast through the regular season and just dial it in, just push a button and make it work when I need to?

Truth be told, I'm not overly pleased with the effort or results, either. And it's all the more tragic, because all the ingredients were there; it was practically handed to me on a platter, yet the easy, obvious road was taken, and oh so clumsily.

That's it, Carrie. I'm done. No more sugary "cocktails" with only an ounce of alcohol, no more "sports drinks," no matter how many they deliver, no matter how much they pay me to pretend they are delicious and rejuvenating. It's black coffee and bourbon on the rocks from here on out. I'm going to make pay Krawlie that $50k I owe him, head back to the gym, and resume the two-a-days and sparring. I know he's going to get in my face, I know he's going to call me a ***** when I don't think I can push it any further, but my hatred will carry me through. And what is success if it is not coupled with suffering? If I have to start reading Michelle "I Love Internment Camps" Malkin and Amanda "When Straw Men Attack" Marcotte again for material, I'll do it. I don't care. I'm not satisfied with being a sub-500 8th seed.

I'm hungry, Carrie.

I don't know what's up with all the Disneyland hate, either. The real issue is the morons who refuse to vaccinate their kids or themselves. That is not only idiotic and superstitious, but effing selfish and irresponsible.

What I don't get is how this is even an issue, still. The studies that claim it causes autism have been completely vilified in the scientific community and the media.

my favorite website, though: www.howdovaccinescauseautism.com

What I don't get is how this is even an issue, still.

Because when somebody really, really believes something to the point where it becomes part of their identity, giving them information that counters their beliefs, no matter how conclusive, is less likely to change their minds than reinforce their beliefs:

Facts don’t necessarily have the power to change our minds. In fact, quite the opposite. In a series of studies in 2005 and 2006, researchers at the University of Michigan found that when misinformed people, particularly political partisans, were exposed to corrected facts in news stories, they rarely changed their minds. In fact, they often became even more strongly set in their beliefs. Facts, they found, were not curing misinformation. Like an underpowered antibiotic, facts could actually make misinformation even stronger.

In short: we believe in things that reinforce our identity, damn the facts, full speed ahead.

For the record, not upset. Playfully retorted. I also think this could be the best trolling in a long while because Mara, Driver, Cerina, Fozzie and I are all on the same side that Carrie is on. ;-) Well done, Pong.

Heh... I wish I could take credit for such a grand maneuver, but sometimes a thoughtless, poorly crafted post is just a cigar.

I strongly dislike anti-vaxxers, despise most older Disney product,* and have seriously, um... mixed feelings on theme parks and the people who attend them. There was really no excuse not to knock it out of the park. Thank you for your kind words, but I think Carrie went easy on me, if anything.

:cry:

*notable exceptions: Never Cry Wolf and Dragonslayer.

Agreed on both counts.

Perhaps I've lost a step, or even lost my way entirely. Is it arrogance over past success? The mitten and beverage endorsements going to my head? A hubristic belief that I can coast through the regular season and just dial it in, just push a button and make it work when I need to?

Truth be told, I'm not overly pleased with the effort or results, either. And it's all the more tragic, because all the ingredients were there; it was practically handed to me on a platter, yet the easy, obvious road was taken, and oh so clumsily.

That's it, Carrie. I'm done. No more sugary "cocktails" with only an ounce of alcohol, no more "sports drinks," no matter how many they deliver, no matter how much they pay me to pretend they are delicious and rejuvenating. It's black coffee and bourbon on the rocks from here on out. I'm going to make pay Krawlie that $50k I owe him, head back to the gym, and resume the two-a-days and sparring. I know he's going to get in my face, I know he's going to call me a ***** when I don't think I can push it any further, but my hatred will carry me through. And what is success if it is not coupled with suffering? If I have to start reading Michelle "I Love Internment Camps" Malkin and Amanda "When Straw Men Attack" Marcotte again for material, I'll do it. I don't care. I'm not satisfied with being a sub-500 8th seed.

I'm hungry, Carrie.

hahaha

I wasn't exactly sure how you'd reply, but truth be told, I wasn't expecting that.

Good to have you back Pong. I'll join you for that bourbon.

I lived in a double wide most my childhood, lived in the sticks, dammed up creeks, walked barefoot in the woods, and fished, raised pigs, chickens, lived off the fat of the land, parents worked HARD for their money, and we managed 2 trips to Walt Disney world (which sea world, mgm, universal studios and busch gardens were mixed in). My parents did alright. And we were all vaccinated.

For the record, not upset. Playfully retorted. I also think this could be the best trolling in a long while because Mara, Driver, Cerina, Fozzie and I are all on the same side that Carrie is on. ;-) Well done, Pong.

Pong was obvious as always-- but what set me off-- which is what I have fought with Pong about for years.. and is ultimately why he has me blocked, is that while the trolling is fun, you end up having seemingly smart people, like Spam, suddenly agreeing with the trolling as if it were logic. Pong thinks it's funny-- and sometimes it is-- but sometimes it's just sad and frustrating.

Just for the justifying of my own post - I really do feel like there is something emotional going on that would cause some women to believe in Disney princesses and pay to visit with every single one at Disney World at the age of 20. But to think it about requires some people to go where they are uncomfortable. While I do admit to rising to the Pong Troll Bait some interactions I've had with Mom's at school and within my family make me think that there is something happening under the surface of "we're just going to have a good time" but mine is mostly anecdotal and a feeling I have based on maturity levels of the person's off spring that I have encountered. It just seems interesting to me.

I have been to Disney World (12 years old when I went) and Disney Land (7 years old). I was much smaller and the only things I remember from those trips were Magic Mountain and a ride that involves singing things. I have a friend who works for Disney in Florida. Disney provides a good experience and they manage every aspect of a park visit well. I don't wanna take away from anyone that is genuinely going for fun and it is fun. But the cost to happiness ratio for me is not as rewarding. If I'm going to pay out that much money I'd want to go to New York City and see Broadway shows, shop and eat. It simply is not my idea of a good vacation to go to an amusement park built on movies that have been made so I can squeal like a giddy idiot because I got a hug from Mickey... A guy in a sweaty suit. When I was 7 we went to San Francisco during that same visit to Disney Land and I totally remember more about that part of the trip - Fishermans Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium and even a public bus with its neat green windows and the awesome back seat. My mom said I couldn't stop jumping in that seat to see out the back window.

Disney World is amazing. I went as a child and as an adult. Loved it each time. I think you get something different out of it every time you go.

I've never been to Disneyland though. I hear it's a completely different experience.

I'm going to Disneyland for the first time in April. It's gonna be interesting to compare and contrast. I'll probably thumb my nose at that puny castle.

OMG one time I ordered a wall sticker of Cinderella's castle from Amazon but when it came it was Sleeping Beauty's castle and NOT Cinderella's and I was NOT amused because I needed it to decorate for a party but it was the wrong castle and omg how do these people not know the difference between the two

i sent it back

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.