Hannibal Season 3

Ms. Spam

No prob. Definitely wanna hear what you have to say.

I don't know if it's cause I was tired or blind or just dumb, but there were was soooo much subtext and symbolism I did not process until after reading the reviews... I wonder how I would have felt about the episode had I caught it? Feel like it'd almost be cheating to go back and watch again now that I've had people hold my hand and tell me what was what!

:thumbsup:

I will probably rewatch episode two sometime this weekend. I liked this one better. Although creepy antlered creature creeped me out again.

MY G-dash-D! The death 'scenes' Hannibal creates are like a thing of beauty. Can you guys imagine working as a set decorator and being asked to create these beautiful props?

Yeah, nice outing.

I liked how Abigail was obviously in Will's mind at the start, but they kept that bit going so long I started honestly wondering if I was gonna have to be mad at the show for insulting me with ridiculous resurrections.

Everything that flashed back to "the event" at Hannibal's house with Will and Abigail was extremely upsetting to me.

Another masterpiece.

I wouldn't have thought Abigail being alive was ridiculous. Do you really think Hannibal isn't skilled enough to cause a lot of blood and yet not kill if he wanted to? Though I'm with you I never believed she was alive.

More when I get to the computer.

I wouldn't have thought Abigail being alive was ridiculous.

That cut was deep, and we saw her bleed out; Hannibal has done some amazing things (that dude's got a crazy sniffer and he is FAST!), and anatomy is one of the only tests I actually studied for in college that I didn't ace... but I don't think anybody is that skilled.

And even if it was something I could suspend my disbelief for, bringing her back (for realz, anyway -- I'm fine with a "Head Abigail") would kinda cheapen her tragic arc for me.

Pong! I swiped this from somewhere else so it is a quote from a place I post at but I think you'll find it interesting concerning the soundrack and concerning Will's inception like mind and his current thinking:

An article about the soundtrack, which contains a link to a Soundcloud recording of the second season soundtrack. It is, um, unrestrained. So I suspect my memory about the soundtrack being more long, unsettling dissonance is completely false. The article also mentions that the composer, Brian Reitzell, former drummer for a punk band called Red Kross, layers percussion upon percussion in a given scene as a matter of course, so I think mym memory is very wrong.

The Soundcloud file also isolates Will's swiping pendulum device, which is interesting to hear in isolation. It'd also make for a great text alert. And -- to bring it back to the current season -- I'm not sure yet what to think about the fact that Will didn't need to use that clearing of stimulus to isolate the twisted heart in the cathedral. Or that a fantasy was able to wake him out of another fantasy. Which possibly speaks to a new level of Will's immersion in his imagination.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Just caught up on the first 2 episodes of season 3. Pretty good. Plot was slow, but I realize its all build up, and the surrealism more than makes up for it. Can't say I have any complaints, except when Hanni-mumble speaks. It's sometimes hard for me to understand him.

Still having computer problems but I will expand when they're solved.

This season is ****ing AWESOME. REALLY really loving it.

Nice swerve with Hannibal having eaten his sister. I think that's a switch from the books. Liking the new character. Its almost like Hannibal fixed Will up with her.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Still having computer problems but I will expand when they're solved.

This season is ****ing AWESOME. REALLY really loving it.

Nice swerve with Hannibal having eaten his sister. I think that's a switch from the books. Liking the new character. Its almost like Hannibal fixed Will up with her.

In Hannibal Rising the movie, and I believe the book, Hannibal's sister Mischa was eaten by Nazis. That was kind of the rationalizing Anakin moment that made Hannibal become a cannibal.

In the TV series, Hannibal is more just straight up evil, which I like.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Which I hope it gets picked up on one of them, HBO, or Netflix.

Still, it's horse sh*t.

"I have to eat him."

GOD! Why can't we eat this for 4 more seasons? Even if it is darkly filmed art house film it is interesting. If only because it is different from what you see on other programs. It's kind of refreshing. This is the closest I will come to horror. That weird snail carcass fly thing was fantastical.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest El Chalupacabra

They're starting to rush things. Some highlights so far have been the Tooth Fairy. That Red Dragon is fantastic. And Bedelia's reaching down Zachary Quinto's throat.

They kind of have to to at least wrap up the Red Dragon arc. It's a shame they couldn't have had a couple more seasons, but I read that they were having trouble getting the rights to the Clarice, Jame Gumb, and the Barney characters.

And as an aside, I always thought it was ironic (and fitting) that Gillian Anderson appeared in this show, because I had always thought Scully was at least partially inspired by Clarice Starling. But she is totally creepy as Bedelia.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.