2014 NFL Pick'em Conference Championship Or Pick Your Super Bowl Teams.

Ms. Spam

The Brady thing reminds me of Otto Graham. He started what ... 10 straight title games or something ridiculous like that. The Pats just seem to always be there.

I kinda want the Pats to win this Super Bowl in the hopes it motivates Brady and Bill to just go the fuck away.

It won't. I think those two have a bond when it comes to winning. It's never enough for either of them.

What's going to be interesting is to see how they do in retirement. I think Bill will be fine, but if Brady winds up tarnished by this deflate gate thing you just know its gonna haunt him for the rest of his life.

That's not what I mean and you know it. As alluded to above this is just football. Its pretty silly business when you stop and think about it. Dan Marino has had a GREAT life, let's be real. Most people would trade places with him as is in a heartbeat.

My point, as you know, is that within the silly world that is football yes this will make a difference.

You know, I don't feel bad for Belichick. Today during a press conference he said he was embarrassed that he even has to talk about or spend time talking about it and then went on to blame the balls change in pressure on weather. Maybe if he hadn't cheated before this could be a one off ...

It's old hat. I say that seriously, but not disparagingly. Brady, Manning and Roethlisberger have started in 11 of the last 12 Super Bowls for the AFC. Those guys have taken up 16 of the 24 starting spots in the AFCCG since 2003. It's expected of those guys. Almost to the point that it's a non-story, as it's happening.

Denver rarely looked like the powerhouse team they were last season.

I can't say I agree with that at all. They had as many or more quality wins than anyone in the league; 9-3 against .500 or better opponents. Unstoppable at home. 2 losses against the teams playing in the Super Bowl, another at the end of the year when Manning was on one leg. The offense scored 30 points/game. I mean what are your standards, were they supposed to drop 600 points again?

As for the Colts beating them, they were playing without a quarterback. Manning couldn't make any throws. That doesn't make their season any worse in retrospect.

2 losses in November, with one being to the choose your quarterback of the week Rams, and only managing 21 points against the Pats. This was supposed to be an improved defensive team as well, yet they got torched by the Bengals in late December and gave up 36 points to the Dolphins in November.

I'd buy into Manning's leg injury being a factor in the playoff loss to Indy, but he had no problems delivering the ball in a rout of the Raiders in week 17. John Fox was obviously forced to resign, because he failed to have the team ready to play against Indy in that playoff game. While watching that playoff game, I'd noticed that the Denver receivers were having a hard time getting open, and that Manning's passes would have had to been exceptionally good for them to be completed.

SD, I was playing off of Tex's use of the phrase "haunt him for the rest of his life".

Oh, it will. The thing about Brady is that he's still got a massive chip on his shoulder, and if the entire football world chooses to judge him for this deflate gate thing he's gonna feel it. More than most guys would.

That's not what I mean and you know it. As alluded to above this is just football. Its pretty silly business when you stop and think about it. Dan Marino has had a GREAT life, let's be real. Most people would trade places with him as is in a heartbeat.

My point, as you know, is that within the silly world that is football yes this will make a difference.

...which Brady probably cares little about, unless his ass is being smooched. Brady likely sees himself as transcending any football association, so he does not want to end up like Bradshaw or Strahan, where you have a presense in entertainment, but you will never be independent of football, either in advertsing or being a desktop pundit / host. The People magazine-type universe has filled Brady's head with the notion that he's on the celebrity level of real celebrities (with fringe benefits from his wife), so if "deflate-gate" lingers in sports media/fandom circles, he won't give two craps about it.

I disagree about that with Brady, he doesn't seem all that interested in the celebrity aspect of it. I get he married a super model, but there are other reasons for marrying a super model than fame. He does almost no commercials eventhough you'd think he'd get alot of offers.

My guess is that when Brady retires we will rarely see him or hear from him.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.