Je Suis Nightly

RamonAtila

Yeah Obama can blob on about Trayvon Martin and the Michael Brown case and send Eric Holder to start an investigation ASAP but go to France or send the VP there to show support and solidarity against terrorist attacks is BS.

I mean if other countries werent sucking our dick after 9/11 then they could have been put on the axis of evil list.

Obama is OBLIGATED to go to these things even if its for the cameras. Just a complete lack of respect.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Yeah Obama can blob on about Trayvon Martin and the Michael Brown case and send Eric Holder to start an investigation ASAP but go to France or send the VP there to show support and solidarity against terrorist attacks is BS.

To be fair, he did send Eric Holder to France, too. He just didn't make it to the rally.

And while I think it's assed up the US didnt show solidarity with one of our long time allies, I think it's ironic more has been made of the loss of13 or so french lives, than the 2000 lost in the boko haram attacks in Nigeria.

Maybe he didn't want to risk getting sniped.

So at least send a cabinet member. Secretary of Agriculture got too busy a social schedule?

Agreed. Should have sent somebody who is somebody. It looks terrible not to. Not to mention its, you know, a nice thing to do. Obama used to be keen on appearances; now it's like he's just phoning it in. Typical.

To be fair, he did send Eric Holder to France, too. He just didn't make it to the rally.

And while I think it's assed up the US didnt show solidarity with one of our long time allies, I think it's ironic more has been made of the loss of13 or so french lives, than the 2000 lost in the boko haram attacks in Nigeria.

Oh I agree with you on Nigeria but to quote the movie Blood Diamond "because it is Africa." is probably the explanation. All these ahole groups need to hunted down along with the aholes who killed the kids at the school in Pakistan. The world does not need fools like this!

People, people get with the ****ing program. You whine about sending some "face" to a rally for freedom. Maybe Obama didn't send a token representative to an anti-terror rally. But you know what he did send? Drones into Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc. There may not be a smiling American at some bullshit press conference; there are some dead terrorists though. Actions always speak louder than words. What have these other countries done to fight terror, other than giving a token speech?

People, people get with the ****ing program. You whine about sending some "face" to a rally for freedom. Maybe Obama didn't send a token representative to an anti-terror rally. But you know what he did send? Drones into Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc. There may not be a smiling American at some bull**** press conference; there are some dead terrorists though. Actions always speak louder than words. What have these other countries done to fight terror, other than giving a token speech?

By not showing some kind of support when one of your allies is under attack from your common enemy, it could give the impression the US only seems to care when it is under attack and nobody else. Watch everyone rush to our aid now. Optics are important. It sure as hell can't hurt and doesn't cost as much as an army. Sending a figurehead there for a day was quite literally the least a nation could do.

Guest El Chalupacabra

And really, I can understand if Obama doesn't show, but what's Biden been doing these days?

Nah, I think this was a deliberate no show, probably politics behind the scenes. Speaking of UAV attacks (drones), France has been critical of US use of them. So maybe this is a little tit-for-tat.

Until this thread, I didn't realize that this was an issue that anyone other than future President Ted Cruz cared about. Apparently I will have to really look into it.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Until this thread, I didn't realize that this was an issue that anyone other than future President Ted Cruz cared about. Apparently I will have to really look into it.

Don't confuse boredom and nothing better to do with concern!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.