Jupiter Ascending

Destiny Skywalker

Guest El Chalupacabra

I saw the preview for this before Into the Woods. Anyone else see this? I'm cautiously optimistic about it. Kind of heavy on the young sex symbol stars but I'm hoping for a good story.

I saw the preview on youtube and you sum up how I feel about it.

i remember seeing a trailer attached to a movie i saw early spring/summer. doing some research, this movie was scheduled for a july release this past summer. got shelved 5 weeks before theater debut because there was still a long ways to go, visual effects wise, for a finished product.

I just... So many reasons to get excited... Space fairy tale, Mila Kunis, cool fx, original not-adapted scifi, wholly realized universe, cool tech...

Everything I love in theory... But I can't generate an ounce of shit to give. I don't trust the Wachkowskis, the studio has no faith based on the push and almost zero amount of advertising and after Cloud Atlas and Matrix... It's clear the Wachowskis are genre fans, but they make these instant epics that never give characters to give a crap about.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Yeah not every story has to revolve around a space prince or princess having to accept the prophecy that they are destined to save the universe.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.