Resolutions - have any?

Cerina

Do any of you make New Years resolutions?

The past few years I've been working on setting goals for myself. So far, I'm about 50/50 with the commitment and success.

At this time of year, I'm thinking about finding a new way to display my goals so that I can see them and work toward them every day.

So far my, very broad, goals are:

Reduce our debts

Develop a routine that includes schoolwork for me and the kid, regular housekeeping, gym time, and downtime

Make As in all my classes

Declutter - set up office and cat/craft room in the house

Now I need to break them down into manageable steps. I think I'm going to do a Post-It board to track them.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I want to move into a rental house sometime this year. Condos are nice and low maintenance, but I need more room!

Plus, my d-bag neighbor, Mustang Boy, likes to rev his flowmaster equipped 'stang at 4AM when he leaves for work, and wakes me up every time. I'm getting too old for that sh*t. Maybe I will add slashing his tires or keying is car to the resolution list.

That's about it.

Guest El Chalupacabra

heh, Chalupa. That's what I kind of want to do too - move to a house. for noise and space but that's my five year plan. I graduate with my Masters soon and that's my next goal after graduating.

I'm in a similar situation with graduation in May 2016 (hopefully nothing pushes it back... it was originally December 2015). Hopefully more options will open up for me and I can change jobs after that!

Real resolutions:

Finish work on our house. Hopefully that includes painting a couple rooms.

Ditch the smartphone and spend more time with people and less staring at a screen

Read books in front of my son and not just to him.I want him to grow up seeing reading as a great thing for adults as well as children.

Have another baby

Learn how to fence

Lose 15 pounds (already down 15 from this summer)

Finish my board game based on St Paul

Track my reading for this year and see if I break 100 books.

I'm losing 50 f-ing pounds, dammit. Last fall/winter I went through horrible back issues (squashed disk compressing my spine) culminating in spine surgery last March. Pretty much couldn't move for 6 months and the pain was 11, ALL the time. It was AWFUL. Then the surgery and long slow (careful) recovery. Recipe for metabolism on zero and some major weight gain.

I was working on it before Xmas and dropped 15 of it but I WILL take the rest off. I need to get this weight off my back and strengthen my core so I don't need to go under knives (or be in that pain) again.

The drugs were good, but not THAT good. The weight is going. Just have to find exercises that strengthen my back and core without damaging it again.

Also, this year I'm going to concentrate on major stress reduction. I'm doing the job of 2-3 people at work (in my one-person department) and I'm just going to stop stressing out about everything that needs to get done. I'm done working 12-15 hour days, weekends, holidays, etc trying to catch up. I feel awful and incompetent and guilty if I don't do everything that needs to done but If I do it, they will never hire anyone to help, plus I don't have a life. It ends NOW.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.