LOOK

Cerina

Yeah, what Cerina said. There are tons of actual, nice restaurants all over WDW, and there are several decent quick service options at all four parks. You just have to know which ones to avoid. And then there's Epcot. Plus you have all your character meals, which are fun because of the atmosphere (if you like that sort of thing, and I'm ridiculous so I do).

I will add that Disney's chicken nuggets are absolutely delicious and I think they're made of crack.

I don't have much to add, because I've only been to WDW for a few hours as part of an otherwise boring business trip, and even that was mainly just to ride Star Tours and see the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. Things I wanted to do as a child but never could because a) we couldn't afford that trip and b) we already have two great amusement parks in Ohio.

But I will say that I got some great deals on Disney toys for my son who was too young to go on the trip with me, and my lunch was good for that type of thing (personal pizza and a salad from Planet Pizza for under $10).

Victoria and Alberts at the Grand Floridian is very fine dining. It was absolutely delightful and a memorable dining experience. Was it worth every penny you ask? I guess that depends on which one of the tens of thousands of pennies you are talking about. Yes, it is THAT expensive. If I recall correctly:

~They charge $150 per person for a seat at the table. That includes one of every course, (five courses, but small portions) but no extras and certainly nothing to drink.

~A wonderful wine progression package is available, good for one glass at each course. I think that was another $100 extra.

~for the main meat course, beef is not included...just duck or venison and other such options. If you want a filet, it has to be Kobe, which means you must pay another $35 dollars if you really want it. If you want Kobe imported from Japan, i think it was another $100. "But Dana, isn't all Kobe beef from Japan? What's the difference?" Yes, I thought so too, and I don't know.

~Percolated coffee? Desert? Yes! You guessed it! Extra extra extra. I don't even remember how much. The coffee was cool though it was percolated right at your table, as was the tea.

Yes, this meal cost my family almost a cool grand. My ass is still sore.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.