HA!

RamonAtila

A few years back, I rewatched the Ewok movies and, while the first one was dreadful, I actually thought that Battle for Endor was alright for its purposes. :shrug: That could have partly been nostalgia for me, of course, since I believe I saw it before I even knew of Star Wars, but I didn't regret spending time on it.

All toys, and sets, make Endor out as the moon. Other EU made Endor out as the moon, I'm sure most intentionally forget Ewoks: The Battle for Endor.

The novelizations are EU btw, they are full of inconsistencies with the films. I feel safe saying my tag of "ubernerds, official or otherwise," still is correct.

Not according to Disney they aren't. Disney numbers the movie novelizations among their canon as well, just as George Lucas considered them G-canon previously. So it's your precious movie canon that is full of inconsistencies and contradictions. Have fun with that.

I'm with Jacen - I always interpreted "forest moon of Endor" to mean that it's a moon OF the planet Endor.

Not me. I always took the same interpretation with Endor as I did with "the ice planet of Hoth" (even though I'm sure the latter isn't spoken in the films, but elsewhere).

And the Ewoks movies are no longer canon. They held C-canon status previously which, along with everything else under G- and T-canons, was deposed.

Wait, why am I worrying about the technicalities of the Disney canon? I don't even accept it!

I'm an EU fan, more than I am a fan of the movies. In my view, the EU kept Star Wars great and did more interesting things with it than the movies ever did. To "move on" (i.e. dump it for the new Disney canon) is like telling Firefly fans to stop liking Firefrly.

I will not be following the new canon because I simply don't care about it. Just as many of you here don't care about the old canon, I'm the opposite. I will probably see the new films, and maybe even enjoy them, but I will take the same approach to them as I did to the old "Infinities" titles: as apocryphal.

I am an Old Canonist. In my view, Star Wars died with the EU and what exists in its place now is an imitation.

I didn't mean move on from liking EU. Like whatever the hell you want, I couldn't care less. I meant move on from always bringing it up and being so angry about it. I know in the conversation about Endor it makes sense, but you bring it up in other threads specifically about TFA and "new canon" issues, where it's completely irrelevant. That's what I think you should move on from.

But then again, who the hell cares what I think.

My first instinct was to mock you for planning ahead to not like something but I realized I had this attitude about not liking New BSG vs Old BSG. So I actually get where you're coming from.

I didn't say I wasn't planning on liking it. I even said I might like the new movies, but they still won't be canon to me because I am simply not interested in following the new canon.

I didn't mean move on from liking EU. Like whatever the hell you want, I couldn't care less. I meant move on from always bringing it up and being so angry about it. I know in the conversation about Endor it makes sense, but you bring it up in other threads specifically about TFA and "new canon" issues, where it's completely irrelevant. That's what I think you should move on from.

But then again, who the hell cares what I think.

You've got a point. I will keep that in mind moving forward.

Anyway, like I said... ubernerds. Wear it proud, Z.

:-) :thumbsup:

Oh, I know it, and I do! :D

I'm an EU fan, more than I am a fan of the movies. In my view, the EU kept Star Wars great and did more interesting things with it than the movies ever did. To "move on" (i.e. dump it for the new Disney canon) is like telling Firefly fans to stop liking Firefrly.

I will not be following the new canon because I simply don't care about it. Just as many of you here don't care about the old canon, I'm the opposite. I will probably see the new films, and maybe even enjoy them, but I will take the same approach to them as I did to the old "Infinities" titles: as apocryphal.

I am an Old Canonist. In my view, Star Wars died with the EU and what exists in its place now is an imitation.

Im thy New Canonist. (the prequels...?) But Im not offended by EU. SW never dies. It shows where SW fans were 'at the time', which has no use for me, so.....I'm yous.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.