Your Childhood Christmases

monkeygirl

SO we're working today and telling stories of our childgood Christmasse4s, good and horribel;.

WE HAVE LEARNED that yther most fuckE D UP of us had the most "normnal;'pf childhoofs and e don';t know how that ius possoble.

ALSAO; the guy that normally flies inn and aitplne and dopes our sky-view trraaicccffic is in the studio

ANDALSO: FIREBALL

now, you go

My kids are sleeping in, remarkably, so to the inrwebs! I hope you two can flip any negatives into positives. I hope you can find a smile. Happy Christmas.

And Happy Christmas to everyone else too. :-)

The Childhood Christmas I remember most was the one where I discovered the magic was really my parents. I woke up around 1am needing to pee. As I sleepily tippy toed from my room and down the hall I bumped into my Ma as she was leaving her room with an armful of gifts. Ma kept her composure, didn't drop anything. She said to me, "Okay then, come and be a helper." So I did, after I cotinued on to the bathroom to pee.

we were always bad kids. sneaking down stairs right after "santa's" went to bed. carefully unwrapping and resealing gifts. my brother matt was the best at that. he was super ninja. I think my Dad liked Christmas better than my Mom.

Tami, it is perfect time for Fireball. And is the guy who flies the helicopter cute?

IT WAS AWESOME

I then went home and slept on the couch til 3. Woke up in time to feed the pixies, ate 2 Lean Cuisine entrees, watched some old Bob Hope movies, stowed the main Christmas tree (I never got around to decorating it so it was, essentially, a huge shrub, taking up 1/4 of the room) took a long, hot, steamy bath in salts and went to bed early.

I don't remember much about my childhood Christmases. I guess they were just the usual sort, having dinner with family and opening presents. We'd visit our relatives out in the countryside some years, and stay home on others. I do remember making lots of Christmas crafts with my mother. That stands out more than anything else.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.