Best gifts your giving/asking for?

Lace Mindu

Just wondering what new awesomeness I missed. What've you seen this year for others, or want yourself (that's not a million dollars) that you think is really cool?

To answer from my end:

I got a couple people these from Target - hats that have bluetooth speakers/microphones in them so you can walk the dog/shovel snow/etc in the cold and talk on the phone or listen to music. Without messing with taking your gloves off or adjusting your hat to fit your phone, etc.

For my nephew with an old car where the seat heaters have died, I found these cheap ($10 on sale at Aldi) car seat-heater cushions that plug into the cigarette lighter. Not sure how long they'll last but mine is working great so far. Warm butt cheeks rule on cold mornings!

Oh, and I got my dog one of these, 18-squeaker dog toys. AWESOME invention, it takes her weeks to kill all the squeakers. Finally someone figured that out, the whole "the more, the better" concept.

You?

I'm so upset about this year. I haven't had the time or funds to give like I normally do. We had to spend nearly our entire Christmas savings on tools for Husband's new job. Yeah, $1500 on tools.

PLUS, everybody kept asking for ideas on what to get Noah, and then they actually bought him everything. That's never happened before!! Normally they ask, I offer ideas, they do their own thing anyway. But noooooooo...not this year. So everybody else bought him the things Santa and I were going to get him. But he's going to have a great Christmas - microscope, telescope, iPad, Tinkertoys, Lincoln Logs, a sleeping bag, and (I think) a Nintendo 3Ds. Spoiled rotten.

There's this science lab for kids near our house that has a 3 week "camp" thing the week after Christmas. We might get him that since his newest "thing" is chemistry. And I bought him prepared slides to go with the microscope my MIIL bought. And this set and this book for him to conduct his own experiments at home.

I did find this badass canvas wall decoration at Garden Ridge..err...At Home (what a stupid name) for my sister. It was 90% off. I only paid $6 for it. But it looks like a chalkboard with the names of a bunch of cheeses hand-lettered on it.

Everybody else is getting booze.

I am SO bummed because I'm almost totally missing the gift portion of this year's holiday-I'm not even unpacked yet. My tree is up but bare and the only lights I have up are on my bedroom tree.

So, COAL all around, I guess. EVERYBODY post so I can shop vicariously through you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.