The Interview

So: Bad movie that's being hidden under a barrage of terrorist threats or have the terrorists just won?

I'm going with B. The movie isn't going to be any good, but it would have been popular with teenagers and young adults with disposable income and free time.

This really has nothing to do with Sony. When you have the top 2 movie theaters in the country pulling your movie, you're not left with much choice. Sony had to kill the movie. if they didn't, and if something like a gun shooting happened at one theater during a screening of this movie, people would be angrily blogging and protesting sony's and movie theaters decision to screen this movie.

That's the 'Merican way.

There's going to be all this BS about concern for viewer safety (AKA please don't sue us) but the real story is that a precedent has been set in which foreign powers (even really shitty ones) can dictate what creative content they approve of... and that's even more dangerous.

Anyone else have at least a bit of a thought that we're witnessing another example of Wag the Dog? Torture scandal, race riots and then boom! Waah we can't watch our movies, free speech, patriotism!

Something else that always bothers me and is on display here is the derogatory reference to *****. ***** is life giving and resilient, able to withstand phenomenal stresses. Chuck Norris is a *****. Put that between two jets flying in formation.

Where were all the terrorist threats when Team America came out?

Private emails about Kim Jong weren't made public a week before it came out. It was the olden days where people had to see something first THEN be offended by it.

Also, puppets. Like the Axis cartoon parodies in the 40's it's clearly satire.

This film depicts the assassination of a living world leader.

So now that select theaters are showing this film, do you guys worry that one is going to get blown up? I find the chances of that pretty low, but I'm not going to say impossible because I don't want to eat my words. I'm considering going to see it this weekend (not on Christmas, we aren't one of those crazy movie going on Christmas families. We are the crazy let's cook a giant meal and pretend we like being around each other families.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.