To the person who stole my new iPhone6...

We had two video cards just mysterious disappear in route this year. -.- Newegg was kind enough to send us a replacement but we think someone at our post office stole it cause they haven't seemed to use them ever again. Glad apple and everyone but your delivery jerks were kind enough to help you sort it out.

I'm sure it was a UPS employee. :-/

But yes, they should be cut.

It's the only explanation that makes sense. The tracking info said it arrived at the local facility on Monday, but it never went out for delivery. The facility called me and claimed they never received it. Right...because Apple packages are always conveniently "lost." Meanwhile my current sim card was deactivated, meaning someone had to have activated the new phone or else why would that have happened?

By the time I got on the phone with Apple I must've sounded super bitchy because the rep was so apologetic. He asked if the phone was a gift and I said yeah, to me! At least it wasn't stolen off my porch or something.

ARGH. I know, first world problems and all and I'm getting my money back, but this is super frustrating, especially since my current phone is now a brick. I hope whoever got my new phone is enjoying it--and dies in a fire!!!!

I'm not getting how someone could activate that phone. If they did it couldn't be on your account. And if it was then it is trackable. On Verizon you could activate your old phone regardless because you could just deactivate the other phone. I know they can activate that iphone, but it shouldn't deactivate your current one.

I'm not sure exactly what happened, obviously, but here's the chain of events:

- Phone was supposed to be delivered on Monday, but it arrived in town and then never went out for delivery

- I woke up this morning and my current phone had no service. AT&T informed me my upgrade phone had been activated so the SIM card on my current phone was deactivated

- UPS replied to my inquiry and claimed they never received the package at their facility. They said I had to take it up with Apple

- I called Apple to report the issue and they said they'd replace the phone or refund my money. I asked for a refund because I do not trust UPS with another phone right now. I have to wait a few days before they cancel the order in the system and I can upgrade my phone...again

- Called AT&T again and they reactivated the SIM card on my current phone, so yay I have service again, but no new phone

So, somehow the new phone was removed from UPS possession and activated, which caused my current SIM card to deactivate. Fun times! People suck!

similar thing happened to me last year. bought a nexus 5 when it launched, got the package from the ups driver, and almost immediately noticed the package had been tampered with. of course, within seconds, the ups driver was already gone. long story short, i called ups, called google, and had another phone shipped to me with no problems. pretty painless.

Christmas time is the time for ultimate thievery. I told my mailman not to leave packages. I'll pick them up at the Post Office. I have a klepto neighbor who has boarded the UPS truck and ransacked it. The driver is supposed to lock up but this is a small condo community of people with a gate. He probably thought, "I'll just be gone a minute." But then this lady has no shame. She'll go right up on peoples porches. I have a fake camera out there on the porch now because she's stolen plastic patio chairs. So the driver was amazed when he came back and she was back there going through boxes with a cutter to see what was in each of them and throwing out stuff she didn't want.

More than likely it was seasonal workers that UPS hired for extra help during the busiest week that took your phone. Sorting them and loading for the right dock and whoops that one just slipped in a crack....

I was visiting home (very rural Oklahoma), and I heard something in the front yard. It was a UHaul. I was perplexed and suspicious, so I loaded up a very capable rifle and walked outside. I've had some encounters with burglary, and I remembered my neighbors getting cleaned out in the middle of the day by someone in a UHaul. The rifle was slung over my shoulder, and I walked a wide arc to the back of the truck. It was a seasonal UPS employee. He was black. That doesn't really matter, but it totally matters in the context of this story. I bet he drove away cursing about rednecks/hillbillies.

I talked to him, and he said it wasn't the first or even second time someone had came to the door with a gun. I felt bad for him, it's too bad UPS couldn't get him a proper truck. Driving a UHaul into someone's driveway is going to arouse suspicion.

Edit: To clarify, this is a pretty typical response to potential/actual crime in rural OK. The law enforcement response time is a minimum of 30 minutes where I grew up. It's not as crazy as it might appear at first glance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.