Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Reunions that Weren't Sad or Terrible

28 replies to this topic

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
I saw the video for the first single and it was so awful visually I got scared off. Glad to hear not all is lost!

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
A couple of weeks ago I picked up both the new Maiden album and the new one from David Gilmour (who I suppose is on the polar opposite end, in terms of this thread, given that he's said Floyd is no more). I was rather pleased with both albums.

With Maiden, it was the most I've enjoyed a new release from them in a long time. Songs were not only fairly strong, overall, but there were a few things in there that were fresh/unique/different for the band in terms of sound or approach. Plus, a marked decrease in repetitive choruses. It's almost like they were really trying with this album or something!

Pong Messiah

Pong Messiah

don't want to be buried in a pet cemetery

• 19,360 posts

I'm afraid to listen to it again cause I'll start noticing it actually sucks or something.

Thanks for the reminder about Rattle That Lock -- will check it out this week, though some of the reviews have been so glowing, the bar is set way, way higher than with Maiden.

• Darth Lohr +1 this

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,415 posts

Yeah have to admit I was pretty surprised with Rattle That Lock, probably enjoyed it more than any of Gilmour's earlier solo stuff (though On An Island was decent)

Reply to this topic