2016 GOP Candidates for President

Pong Messiah

So where do we draw the line in the sand between simply not agreeing with someones opinion and calling them out as a bigot.

Who wants to draw that line? I sure dont.

I think our society would be better off if we learned to agree to disagree and ignore those who annoy us. Calling them bigots and looking to attack them gives those you do not like power and attention.

Still unclear. "Demonized"? Or just called out for being a bigot? The First Amendment doesn't protect people from repercussions for their speech.

If somebody says or does bigoted things, there's nothing wrong with calling them out, and it is true there are (and should be) consequences for what you say. I think the "liberal tyranny" that is being referred to is the perpetually outraged innarweb/media lynch mob that takes things past the level of pointing out and criticizing people's actions, but these mass shamings that aim to socially, financially, and psychologically ruin their targets. Because the targets (bad taste AIDS jokers, scientists in girly shirts, trophy hunters) always seem to be people who outrage progressives (feminist progressives, in particular) rather than conservatives, these disproportionate responses to outrage are often labeled "liberal tyranny" -- though I am sure there is a more elegant and accurate term out there...

^^marriage equality for homosexuals. The GOP platform is clear on the goal of rolling that back. It's not compatible with their 1950s nuclear family values.

As for liberal tyranny being the complaints of the far left fringe, well, all the fringe voices are looking for things to be outraged about. I suspect that the fringe crazies get sexually aroused off their outrage.

America hasn't existed for most of human history. The GOP wants Leave it to Beaver - the most boring, cheesy, and simplistic arrangement imaginable - writ large across our culture. Tell me that I'm wrong, RM.

And WTF? Whose place is it to enforce the 14th Amendment if not the government and/or the courts??

The GOP looks backwards in general, to a Golden Age that never really existed. Give me a Republican who has feasible and realistic plans for the future and I'd vote for that candidate.

Godbothering is a deal-breaker though. I can't support people who think an ancient shepherd deity is giving them guidance on social, economic, and political issues.

Say what you will about Trump. He got people to watch. You people might like living under liberal tyranny, but he knows that most people do not.

Something has to be done to shake people out of apathy. I applaud him. This country needs him. Can't believe I'm saying this, because I think he's a dickwad, but god bless him.

Where's the "liberal tyranny" in what was a natural rejection of Trump's hostility toward women?

In other Trump news...

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/donald-trump-parts-ways-with-political-adviser-126201438431.html

Is there such a thing as an atheist/agnostic Republican?

I'm sure there are, though I can't think of any off-hand -- and I doubt you'll find any beyond the state level, cause it's dangerous for any politician not to at least give lip-service to G_d. But again, I'm sure they exist. I mean, Susan Collins and Greg Walden are pro-choice Republicans -- even though they supposedly don't exist.

You can piss on 50s era America all you want, but there can be no doubt that conservative ideals, boring as they may be, lead to a better life. Just look at the divorce rate. People hate each other now. We went from Leave It To Beaver to Honey Boo Boo in only two generations. Is this really the world that our our grandparents envisioned while sacrificing their lives in WW2? I Highly doubt it.

All of the liberal shit just undermines American culture. They pretend to be "progressive" but in reality they are just opportunists who want to exploit the system for personal gain. I can't believe that so many of you buy what they are selling. You can rail against the system and feel good about it, much like a child who won't eat the veggies, but when you refuse to grow the fuck up you become part of the problem.

You have to hand it to the liberals, though. They've done such a good job of brainwashing young smart minds that you sometimes have to just sit there and say wow. These people, which include most of you, would rather wallow in how bad the SW prequels suck than actually doing something with their lives.

Again, grow the fuck up.

You know - I don't get the us vs them mentality. There is no liberal tyranny. Maybe the ultra-conservatives just feel it like that because they're polar opposites or something The only brainwashing is what you believe in based on social media. So who's really brainwashing whom?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.